Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

Forum: HaT Forum
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Size matters, so whats the problem?

Hi Malcolm

It seems that I have unintentionally struck a raw nerve. To be honest, I personally do not care if anyone ever produces another 7YW set. It isn't one of my primary or even secondary eras. I have a large number (10 sets) of Revell Prussians because of several reasons. They were on sale really, really really cheap. I had a fixed monthly "use or lose it" hobby budget and there were very few new sets being produced at that time. I am concerned about size in general. In the case of the HaT Prussians, I normally buy 2 boxes of each new HaT set when they come out, with some exceptions. That is what happened. I did not buy the Zvezda sets because I had higher priority purchases to make.

Getting back on point. You want HaT or other manufacturers to make their 7YW Prussian sets smaller We are an older hobby. Most of us have been collecting for years and have reasonably sized armies. Should those who have 7YW armies toss them away because you want new sets in a smaller size? I think that was Zvezda's mistake. They and Italeri jacked up the size of their figures assuming that people would toss their old sets away and start new. I don't think that it worked that well for them. MOST figure collectors/wargamers/whathaveyou like to add new poses to their armies. They want to expand them, not start over. Of course, there are exceptions to this. However, I would guess that they are few and far between.

While dear to Malcolm's heart, the 7YW Prussians are only an example. The truth is that I don't care about the 7YW. However, the principle applies across the board. Before you start an era, look at what has been done before by quality manufacturers (i.e. not MARS, HTTY, etc,)and be compatible so that we can expand our armies and not replace them.

Just my 2 cents.

Pat Brennan

Re: Size matters, so whats the problem? - by Wayne W - Mar 7, 2017 2:49pm
Re: Size matters, so whats the problem? - by zirrian - Mar 7, 2017 12:05am
Re: Size matters, so whats the problem? - by zirrian - Mar 7, 2017 3:09am
Re: Size matters, so whats the problem? - by Jesse - Mar 7, 2017 3:51am
Re: Size doesn't matters, to me. - by paint dog - Mar 8, 2017 11:15pm
Re: Size doesn't matters, to me. - by Bill Guiroff - Mar 9, 2017 12:38am
Re: Size doesn't matters, to me. - by paint dog - Mar 9, 2017 3:15am
Re: Size doesn't matters, to me. - by Bill Guiroff - Mar 9, 2017 12:12pm
Re: Size doesn't matter, to me. - by Malcolm - Mar 9, 2017 4:33am
Re: Size doesn't matter, to me. - by Bill Guiroff - Mar 9, 2017 12:50pm