Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Here you go

http://www.hat.com/Othr8/Buck32P.html

Re: Sudan artillery

Pat Brennan

I looked at the Turks on Plastic Soldier Review and their cloths didn't seem to match jibbas.

Thanks
Pat Brennan

I used various (converted) figures from the Italeri Moslem Warriors set.

donald

Hi

I apologize. We seem to have had a miscommunication. I was referring to Alan's conversion of the Redbox Turkish sailors to Mahdist artillery.

If someone has a photo of Alan's conversion, I would appreciate their either posting it or posting a link to it.

Again, I apologize to Paint Dog for the miscommunication.

Pat Brennan

No, my fault, Pat. Poor reading comprehension skills....

cheers, donald

Pat, I have yet to convert the redbox figs, they are the closest to Madist gun crews yet, although not perfect, in the absence of better, they will have to do. The gun crews were often pressed men , ie captured Egyptian gunners who either wore plain white cloth or less common their old uniforms, adding chains may be beyond my conversion skills though

Hi Alan

Thanks for the input. I had hoped that you had made the conversion so that you could provide guidance. It looks like a hard one to make. You are right about perfection. It can be very rare. Sometimes we have to compromise with our little men. Again, thanks.

Pat Brennan

Alan Buckingham
Pat, I have yet to convert the redbox figs, they are the closest to Madist gun crews yet, although not perfect, in the absence of better, they will have to do. The gun crews were often pressed men , ie captured Egyptian gunners who either wore plain white cloth or less common their old uniforms, adding chains may be beyond my conversion skills though

Not difficult--either a bit of ribbon epoxy around the ankles or thin strips of cardboard, connected by very fine chain from the model railroad shop.

Bill

Donald, yes, an easy head swap.