Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thank you for your beautiful "Defying Gravity" cover

I am so sorry to hear that you have had recent losses as well. Knowing your gentle spirit, I am sure that both friends and pups were family members of choice. Sometimes people don't really acknowledge that death of a member of your family of choice is often harder than a death of a member of your family of origin. I hope that during this time you allow others to comfort you and infuse you with love while your heart mends.

I didn't really believe that my heart would mend and that I would be able to come out of the fog I was in. But as spring begins, I feel the fog transforming into a mist. The mist is all around me but I am beginning to see that there is something on the other side. As the world is turning away from the grays of winter and toward the colors of spring, I feel comfort.

I forgot to tell you the other part of the Defying Gravity story. My brother and I grew up in Kansas. We both knew there was something better for us in the world and worked hard to have a different life. He was a nationally known scholar who studied diversity on college campuses and I work in HIV/AIDS planning on the state and national level. So "no wizard that there ever was" was going to bring us down. I'll keep looking toward the western sky to catch a glimpse of him....

Take care of yourself and thanks for writing back.