Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vote: Would you like to see the ACW set with heads separate or together with body?

We are told that our hobby is an aging one.
I can only speak for myself in this regard but these days the less glueing and fiddling about, the better.

Re: Vote: Would you like to see the ACW set with heads separate or together with body?

If the heads were done like the British Napoleon Command set,
http://www.hat.com/Curr3/Bx8304BC/Bx8304BC.html

it would be great. The heads fit very well even without glue. It probably requires a bit more tooling in the mold but the results are very good.

Heads together with body, please. I would NEVER buy a set with no head toghether. I am a collector rather than a wargamer. I hate gluing.

I do hope that, if separate heads are supplied, the figures are made with an easily glued plastic.

I hope the accessory heads have long necks, so you can push them into the torso. And especially important, attach the heads to the sprew by the neck. This keeps the hats perfectly shaped. Do not attach the heads to the sprew by the hats/kepis. This will make it terribly difficult to maintain the integrity of the hat's original shape.

Separate heads.
Pin on the bottom of the head.
Pin fits into a hole in the torso.
Head attaches to the sprue by the pin.
No glue necessary, if possible, to hold on the head.
At least 50% more heads than needed.
Heads in a variety of headgear, bare headed, Black heads, naval caps, and etc.

Thanks for asking.
Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Sarcasm mode on

None of them, thank you.

I have no need nor interest in ACW Armies of any kind and feel a big need to put you and your interests down.

Sorry.

S**t Talk blog

Sarcasm mode off

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Separate heads.

Thanks for asking.
Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Separate heads.

Thanks for asking.
Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Well and clearly said, Mike. And yes, Navy caps, and African American heads a great idea for Fort Wagner / Glory movie!

Navy caps would be perfect for the Confederate marine battalion during the Appomattox campaign. But I'm not sure HaT plan to make new heads, I suspect they go with what they have but I hope I'm mistaken..

As long as no sideways moulded faces with mouldlines running through the face of the soldiers are present, I'm fine with either option.

Separate, for all the reasons listed here, provided
- they can be used plug & play Swoppet style, or are in an easily glued plastic (all plastics glue is expensive)
- right size
- choice of heads / more heads than bodies
- no mould lines running through the face

Thanks for asking!

Not sure if it's allowed, it probably isn't but "that other company" has released images of their ACW marching..

http://www.strelets-r.com/Pages/Set.aspx?SetID=287&M=M