Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Medieval Armies

I'm certainly interested in medieval east Asia - China, Japan, Korea etc. - which has far less coverage than medieval Europe at the moment, being only a few sets of Mongols and one of Chinese cavalry from other manufacturers (the HaT Huns could probably stand in at a pinch but are giants compared to other figures available) .

I agree with you 100%. I know it is obscure but I would like to see Medieval Burmese. The Mongols fought a right hard campaign there. But you are right Chinese especially with accompanying siege weapons would be awesome.

Yes - we need those Normans!

The ones on the market are not to my taste.

Cheers!

I saw an article on figure conversion in a very old 'Airfix Magazine' that showed an Airfix AWI British Grenadier converted to a Han Chinese halberdier. I've done many conversions back in the old days of 'if you don't convert, you don't have'. Select the figures folks, get out the ribbon epoxy, tissue paper, cardboard, glue, and sharpen up your knives, and with a little practice you'll have your Chinese, Burmese and others!

Bill

"I love the smell of Banana oil and Plasticine in the morning"

First of all we all need Hat Byzantines!!!

Hey Jerzy, as someone would say: "why don't you convert some of those thousands WW2 Germans" and stop moaning about those stupid Bizantines that nobody cares except for you and giorgio?

and me as well.

Bring on the Byzantines

Yep, clearly there's no need for any manufacturer to release any new sets ever again! If someone needs a wargame army of 100s of troops all they have to do is spend every waking moment sculpting each individual figure on top of a completely unrelated base model. Genius...

You speak truthfully, truthsayer. And guys I appreciate the enthusiasm and feed back. One day the Eternal Empire will reign again.

If Hat did soldiers on bicycles (!!!!????, they can release Bysantines.

With that fabulous Byzantine infantry Hatt needs to make the corresponding cavalry that go with them. I would love to see them make the army of Basil the Bulgar Slayer, and some Bulgars for him to slay as well to go with them. An Italian Carroccio would be fabulous. Poles from the early middle ages would look absolutely fabulous. I got all of these figures in 15mm metal and they really look fabulous. I'm sure they would look great in plastic too.

Plastic ants are normally opposed by Army troops rather than Marines.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Plastic ants are normally opposed by Army troops rather than Marines.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

I've seen that movie too. It's the Army. I have plenty of all three.

Bill

Yes. What I'd like to see sets of:

- Dark Age Welsh and Scots. Everyone does the Saxons, Normans and Vikings, but some bare legged Northmen would be nice.
- Irish mercenaries, Gallowglass, Kern, preferably looking a bit earlier than the Redbox troops.
- Scots for the Scottish War of Independence. Tho I don't really trust anyone with pikes in 1:72, maybe HaT could do them justice (even if only with open hands...or not even open hands, make us drill them, but make the hands aligned at least).
- Hobilars for the Hundred Years War. Or some generic light cavalry.
- Crusader Sergeants. Again, knights everywhere, no sergeants to be found. Also, turcopoles - the El Cid infantry can be used as infantry, even for 3rd crusade, or at least that's what I want to do...
- Hungarians! Nobody does them (us), but we had a fairly interesting army, a combination of East and West with hussars, knights and mercenaries.

From the top of my head, that's all :)

i am with you on more dark age sets.if i might add to your list,lombards and later goths.
hungarian sets,both dark age and medieval would be very interesting sets.