Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The BIG push......

Apologies to Mr. Brennan. We will update the webpage as soon as there is progress for E27, the new items or the restocks.

Pat Brennan

HaT has set the precedent that the crowd-funder will include bonus figure(s). I think that it is smarter for them to tell what they are rather than playing silly games about the "secret prize" at the "secret website". That may of worked when I was 10. It doesn't work now that I am 70. It just makes me angry.

Pat Brennan

Hello Mr Brennan,

I feel responsible for perpetuating the secret website page for which I am very sorry.

As for the Prussian Landwehr bonus figures the latest news is there will be 4 bonus figures one per box ordered so in theory order 4 boxes and you should get one of each, Hat have already selected a Sapper and Medic bonus figures with the last 2 bonus figures going to a Poll from a choice of 8 poses.

I will now go to secret website page and sit on the naughty step that's there.

Yes, us crowdfunding types may be paying too much. The bonus figures are just that, a bonus. I put hard currency down in advance because I want New Prussian landwehr. And I didn't think they would happen without my help.

If you don't want to get involved, I respect your decision

But the extra crowdfunding page is a treat for those of us who have paid. Whether that is right or wrong I cannot say, it to me it feels like H's way of involving those of us who have paid in the design process.

Those who choose not to get involved can enjoy their Christmas surprise when it comes. And maybe buy our spare bonus figures on eBay.

My logic works like this, if the crowdfunded sets are ultimately released for general sale, and are sold bu retailers at less than the price paid by crowdfunder`s, then that`s the end of crowdfunding , because no one wants to pay over the top. So to protect commercial integrity the retail price has to be the same or higher than that paid by the crowdfunders, the Crowdfunders because they paid up front get regular updates, and bonus figures, plus they get a say in what pose of bonus figure , and most important of all the set gets made and quickly relatively speaking. It boils down to a choice, like the 1/32 sets, make it happen or wonder what happened

Alan Buckingham
My logic works like this, if the crowdfunded sets are ultimately released for general sale, and are sold bu retailers at less than the price paid by crowdfunder`s, then that`s the end of crowdfunding , because no one wants to pay over the top. So to protect commercial integrity the retail price has to be the same or higher than that paid by the crowdfunders, the Crowdfunders because they paid up front get regular updates, and bonus figures, plus they get a say in what pose of bonus figure , and most important of all the set gets made and quickly relatively speaking. It boils down to a choice, like the 1/32 sets, make it happen or wonder what happened

Hi Alan

I guess that we have to disagree.

As far as I know, manufacturers in the USA cannot control the final price sold to customers. Things may be different in the EU. There is a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price that they can issue but that is only a suggestion. The retailer can charge a higher or lower price for the product without the permission of the manufacturer. I personally use three (3) internet vendors that offer discounted HaT products well below the MSRP. HaT may "jack up" the wholesale price so that even the discounters charge more than the crowd-funder price. However, that would probably be the end of HaT. I am sorry but I think that your logic is incorrect.

I think that crowd-funders primarily sign up for a project because they really want the product. They want it now (soon) even if it will be cheaper later. Price is typically not the main determinant in their decision making, although it is always somewhat of a factor.

Crowd-funding is a good way to test the viability of a product for the manufacturer. I do believe that it has limited benefits. When you are at the 80% level and can't seem to get the rest of the way, then you need to do a quick re-evaluation of your product/strategy.

Your comment about limiting product to just the crowd-funders seems self-defeating, particularly if HaT is using steel molds. You would want to maximize your revenue by putting them out for general sale.

I signed up for the unmarried Zulu’s, so I am aware of the contents of that “secret page”. The secretness still seems childish to me. Again, we agree to disagree.

The bonus figures are an excellent idea. It does offer an incentive for those who are “on the fence”. However, your comment about crowd-funders having the say in what are the bonus figures is negated by the poll above on the third and fourth bonus figures. Unfortunately, I think that the bonus figure “thing” is getting a little out of control with four bonus figures.

One general comment . Fighting with potential customers is not a good way to gain support for HaT or sell this project (i.e. Benno’s). For some reason that I don’t understand, there are a lot of HaT-haters out there. Going onto another site and aggressively trying to sell these projects, will get you a lot of negative responses. You have to smooth your way around those and not take them on directly. If you do, you will probably do more harm than good. The real question is what does HaT need to do to change the minds of many of the Hat-haters.

Good luck with your project. I am still “on-the-fence”.

By the way, I am not a troll or a Hat-hater. I have been a loyal HaT customer since they started. Of my collection of over 70,000 1/72 scale (unpainted) figures, HaT figures, including Coates and Shines, amount to over 25,000. I don’t post much, but if I did, I would be called a HaT “fanboy”. I have a personal policy to buy at least two of every new HaT 1/72/scale set when they are issued, with a few exceptions. So my comments are made to help, not attack HaT, in case you misunderstood them.

Pat Brennan

Time will tell Pat, this is a new science after all, thanks for buying the Zulu`s , I am a firm believer in no such thing as bad publicity

Hi Pat,

I do think you are right about the Zulu's and Prussian Landwehr will have to go on general sale at some point, after all Hat will need to make a profit to keep making new sets, however I do not think the price will be very different from the price now on the Crowdfunding, it would be unfair to people who have pledged money upfront and of course it's unlikely you will have Bonus figures.

I totally respect your decision to sit on the fence nobody is sure how this new project will turn out, it is interesting that you have decided to sign up for the unmarried Zulu’s, hedging your bets by buying some but not all you need seems to be a good middle ground if you are undecided with this crowdfunding project.

Hi Alan, Brian et al.

Congratulations. The HaT home page says that the Landwehr crowdfunding project is approved.

Pat Brennan

Delighted for all involved in the project and particularity for those who dug deep , give yourselves a pat on the back.

Marc

Those who choose not to get involved can enjoy their Christmas surprise when it comes.

Marc

I don't understand the "Christmas surprise" comment.

Please clarify.

Pat Brennan

Hurrah! the Prussian are coming! the Prussian are coming! Great news I hope the wait goes quickly.