Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What's Next In HaT's SYW Figures?

It would make sense to finish the Prussian artillery first, since the masters are already there and there's no decent mid-18th century artillery around other than Revell's Austrians which are quite rare these days.

After that, what I'd like to see is some Hungarian infantry and Grenzer, and maybe some Prussian Jäger (also Freikorps, but that's probably asking for too much).

Converting cavalry is terribly time consuming (but not impossible), so some good dragoons and cuirassiers would be very welcome. Bosniaks would be nice as well, but I'm not sure how popular they'd be.
Hussars in mirlitons are somewhat easier to convert in comparison, so I'd consider them a somewhat lower priority.

I'd also love to see some Russians and French, though I'm not sure whether I'd prioritise that before or after the cavalry.

After the MAC format Austrian Infantry the Prussian Artillery must be already to go. Then these two armies could be filled out. Hungarian Hussars would be nice with their German
Uniformed Musicians, that would save me from having to find substitutes (so far the Mounted Officer from the Airfix George Washingtons Army has been used in two conversions. Then I suppose the Light types such as Grenadiers could be good.

Best regards,

Malcolm

I have just read my own message and seen that the auto correct changed my suggestion for Grenzer to Grenadier. I really should have reread my own post.

Best regards,

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Grenadiers, Grenzers, Hussars, Jagers...It doesn't make much difference to me, since I want them all....eventually! I'm so starved for decent looking 18th Century figures in plastic, that as long as their wearing a tricorne, mitre, bearskin, mirlton, or busby....I don't care! Even a millimeter or two (plus or minus) in height is no big deal to me. When viewed from three or four feet away on the wargaming tabletop, the eye is tricked into seeing the whole spectacle, and any mistakes disappear.

Your original post may not have been that far off either. I understand that Grenadier Companies were routinely used as skirmishers in the SYW.

All The Best,

Martin