Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ACW Action

If you google Battle of Fort Wagner you will find both historical photos and paintings with bayonets fixed. Always easier to cut off bayonets than trying to make and add them.

Bayonets needed! Most definately! I would like to have them on kneeling firing and standing firing poses as well as advancing and melee figures. As has been said it is far easier to cut them off than to attach them. Thank You! Cappy

My Civil war re enactor friend states that bayonets would only be used in an offensive/ defensive role if contact was anticipated.

As for 'wielding' muskets ala English Civil war 'reversed musket' style I feel that this would be a poor choice of tactic. Having played with a Springfield the other week I am firmly of the opinion that waving it around in this manner is a poor fighting choice. It leaves you open to attack yourself, never mind the thing causing mayhem on your own side as they duck. Try it in a confined space and it gets worse. Try it with a bayonet attached and you risk stabbing yourself.

Great for despatching fallen opponent by bashing their head in, but the balance of the weapon makes holding it at the correct end a better proposition.

Personally from a modelling point of view I would agree with the others. Include bayonets which can be removed with a knife if not required.

Happy modelling and bayonet drill!

Chris