Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Gold Napoleon

A few years ago, I had too many Napoleons, too many to use in wargames...

... so, I painted one gold, mounted him on a block I pilfered from my children and wrote on the side "Veni, Vidi, Vici".

The winner of our infrequent "fights" keeps the trophy until next fight.

I am pleased to report that after many years elsewhere, the Gold Napoleon has returned home, though perhaps only for a short holiday.

Happy gaming.

Mal R

Re: The Gold Napoleon

Well done

I heard a story about a golfer who had died and after he was cremated among the ashes was his metal replacement hip from an operation he had years ago.

One of his last requests was to have his ashes spread over his beloved golf course and to have the old metal hip mounted on a plinth to make a trophy, now every year the golf club play a tournament in his honour with the winner getting this trophy.

Malcolm Robinson
A few years ago, I had too many Napoleons, too many to use in wargames...

... so, I painted one gold, mounted him on a block I pilfered from my children and wrote on the side "Veni, Vidi, Vici".

The winner of our infrequent "fights" keeps the trophy until next fight.

I am pleased to report that after many years elsewhere, the Gold Napoleon has returned home, though perhaps only for a short holiday.

Happy gaming.

Mal R

Sounds like a good name for a Sherlock Holmes novel!

Bill