Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Give us your input on the makeup of the ACW set!

Pat Brennan
Traveller
hefay
Maybe decals would work better than stickers, but I think that would be an ideal solution to the debate. Perhaps instead of two bonus figures have one bonus figure plus a decal sheet to keep costs down?

Decals would look better but very fiddly and time consuming in such a small scale.

Hi Traveller

Remember that many of us are old with fat fingers and failing eyesight. Decals are probably less "fiddly" than trying to remove a tiny corps insignia on a 1/72 scale hat. I know that I would lose a lot of heads. Frankly, I probably wouldn't mark up my sets, even with decals, and would keep them as a generic corps.

Pat Brennan

I think anyone dexterous enough to work with decals or dry-transfer letters this tiny can probably paint the insignia with a very fine brush. Keep them as is, they look better. However, I'd add a Hardee hat with clean-shaved face. Not all the soldiers wearing the spiffier-looking hat with raised brim and long frock-coats would've had beards, and I for one don't want o spend time giving them a shave!

Bill

AGREED need more exotic early war uniforms and different sized people and what about vagabonds they played a big part in the war on both sides the righteous and the union

HaT-Twitter
Grumble
Are there any masters yet? Pictures?

All the pics are here.

Thank you! Very nice masters! Though I must say I was a little creeped out by the Sleepy Hollow legions and the floating heads.

Grumble
HaT-Twitter
Grumble
Are there any masters yet? Pictures?

All the pics are here.

Thank you! Very nice masters! Though I must say I was a little creeped out by the Sleepy Hollow legions and the floating heads.
Ichabod Crane's worst nightmare x 8.

Pluto
Grumble

Or maybe the return of the headless zombies. This could sell a lot of sets!

Grumble
Pluto
Grumble

Don't worry, I've found the heads...

Pluto
Grumble
Pluto
Grumble

Grumble
Pluto
Grumble
Pluto
Grumble

I seem to recall you and I are about the same age, I'd guess a combined age of about 125? I'm not sure if our delight in action emojis is a sign we're entering our "second childhood", or better yet...
...still haven't left our first.

Pluto
Grumble
Pluto
Grumble
Pluto
Grumble

I seem to recall you and I are about the same age, I'd guess a combined age of about 125? I'm not sure if our delight in action emojis is a sign we're entering our "second childhood", or better yet...

It is accurate to say that our combined ages total 125, if I am five years older than you. Fans of mathematics word problems will have fun figuring out our ages if that is the case.

Oh, and rabbits are kept as pets in the yellow house. (Now that will really date me!)

Grumble
Pluto
Grumble
Pluto
Grumble
Pluto
Grumble

It is accurate to say that our combined ages total 125, if I am five years older than you. Fans of mathematics word problems will have fun figuring out our ages if that is the case.

Oh, and rabbits are kept as pets in the yellow house. (Now that will really date me!)
...Correction: 129!

A number scarier than a bus load of zombies. (Not sure about the rabbit reference, though this thread does seems to be going down a rabbit hole. )

Pluto
Grumble
Pluto
Grumble
Pluto
Grumble
Pluto
Grumble

...Correction: 129!

A number scarier than a bus load of zombies. (Not sure about the rabbit reference, though this thread does seems to be going down a rabbit hole. )

The rabbit reference was about complex word problems that used to appear in a magazine (can't remember which one - maybe New Yorker?). There are six houses on one side of the street, each a different color and with a different pet and maybe a favorite food or other distinguishing details. Limited information is given. "The third house is red. Lettuce is eaten in the fifth house. The blue house is to the left of the one where a dog is a pet." Blah, blah, blah. Then at the end, the questions, such as, "What is the pet in the green house? What is the favorite food in house number four?" I never could solve these; they gave me a headache.

Not to be pessimistic but judging by the photos of figures and the heads these look more like 28mm figures to me, at least bigger than normal 1/72 figures which will make it hard placing them next to figures from other ranges..

Traveller
Not to be pessimistic but judging by the photos of figures and the heads these look more like 28mm figures to me, at least bigger than normal 1/72 figures which will make it hard placing them next to figures from other ranges..

They have not been scaled down yet.