Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Carthaginian Sacred Band

HaT-Twitter
What did you guys think about the Carthaginian Veterans set?
Getting the anatomical proportions of the sculpture right is really important for me. I can fudge small inaccuracies with paint or a knife, but there's not much to do to correct for oddly proportioned bodies.

The Veterans are in a short and chunky figure style which is common with some other companies - particularly Strelets, which is why I own no Strelets - but unusual for HaT. I think the leaner style of the Sacred Band is a more accurate representation of human anatomy which is a big reason I'm very impressed by them. In style, they remind me of HaT's Macedonian Hypaspists, which I think is one of the best ancient sets any company has ever produced.

HaT-Twitter

i think they are one of your best ancient sets.
in 1/32 as well.

HaT-Twitter

I like them. Might have to buy more sets once I get to painting the carthaginian army. The sacred band would
make all collectors of ancients really happy. Sadly, the new offers of ancients are almost non-existent.

I like them (Carthaginian Veterans) very much. They fit better with my old 25s than do many other sets.

The Veteran set is a great set, but what I find with ancients is that separate shields work best, such as Hat's Imperial Roman Legions. Some poses with shields cast on can sometimes look flat or awkward.

Those are beautiful figures. I painted 3 or 4 boxes. Easy to paint and they looked great when finished.

HaT-Twitter

Fantastic figures, I'd buy them.