Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Give us your input on the make up of the latest WWI cavalry sets!

PDA
5 humans, 4 horses, per sprue. It's not exactly my idea of perfection, but what's that 'they' say, "Imperfect action today is better than perfect tomorrow", meaning I'd rather have these sets and build on them, than be waiting around indefinitely for my 'pefect' set.

My thoughts exactly. Regards, Pat

I'm voting for 5 men,including officer and 4 horses. I have many extra horses from other sets and difference in plastic colour brings more effect

Five riders and four horses is excellent for the reason stated. Also, with extra changeable arms the officer figure can become another private. We often have extra horses from other sets that we can use for the fifth rider. For instance, I have mounted extra riders on horses from Eagle Games.

The 5 figures and 4 horses per sprue is a great idea. I have spare horses all over the place, so I get using all the figures. Keep doing it.

Dave

Just to pull a point over here from the general poll thread - most if not all countries only issued lances to 50% of the rank-and-file troopers in their cavalry regiments to equip the front rank but as WW1 went on the weapon became increasingly irrelevant. Please consider reducing the number of lances or increasing the number of optional arms holding swords and carbines. Thanks.

If you want an alternative head suggestion for the Russian cavalry then how about some budenovka hats? Would make up for not including these options with the Russian artillery crew, as many suggested, and can still be used with them instead of the stiff-crown parade caps.