Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Carthaginian Sacred Band

very much so

WOW! Thanks a million HaT-Twitter!
They're even better than I remembered.

Nice pieces. Once again I'm impressed by how much more responsive and informative you are. Put these back on the catalog pages, I beg you. A lot of people would like to see them in production. I know I'd buy aw boxes for the army I'm putting together!

Bill

Outstanding looking figures!!

Regards,
Andrew

Wow! What great figures. I would sure like some of those.

Now those guys look good. I have been putting together and painting my Carthaginian army. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on and painting those guys.

What did you guys think about the Carthaginian Veterans set?

I very much like the sculpting and mix in the veteran set which are ideal for Cannae in the second Punic war and onward.

The unreleased Sacred band could be used for many First Punic war scenarios and early second including including as citizen settlers in the Iberian peninsula and the final days of Carthage.

I would be very happy to see these gentlemen roll into production.

HaT-Twitter
Getting the anatomical proportions of the sculpture right is really important for me. I can fudge small inaccuracies with paint or a knife, but there's not much to do to correct for oddly proportioned bodies.

The Veterans are in a short and chunky figure style which is common with some other companies - particularly Strelets, which is why I own no Strelets - but unusual for HaT. I think the leaner style of the Sacred Band is a more accurate representation of human anatomy which is a big reason I'm very impressed by them. In style, they remind me of HaT's Macedonian Hypaspists, which I think is one of the best ancient sets any company has ever produced.

HaT-Twitter

i think they are one of your best ancient sets.
in 1/32 as well.

HaT-Twitter

I like them. Might have to buy more sets once I get to painting the carthaginian army. The sacred band would
make all collectors of ancients really happy. Sadly, the new offers of ancients are almost non-existent.

I like them (Carthaginian Veterans) very much. They fit better with my old 25s than do many other sets.

The Veteran set is a great set, but what I find with ancients is that separate shields work best, such as Hat's Imperial Roman Legions. Some poses with shields cast on can sometimes look flat or awkward.

Those are beautiful figures. I painted 3 or 4 boxes. Easy to paint and they looked great when finished.

HaT-Twitter

Fantastic figures, I'd buy them.