Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
I've died and gone to Heaven!

Never thought the elephants would ever see the light of day... But looky here! A serious inquiry.

I think a thriving HaT serves us all, and two sets in one seems to be a win for everyone.

The issue of redundancy in the elephant's poses can be solved by a boiling technique mentioned previously.
When hot from boiling, Hat's newer soft plastic can be repositioned and fixed by dipping in cold water. (Wear gloves and keep the kiddies away, of course.) So I've managed everything for a slow walk to a fast run with the Macedonian Elephant set.
And the separate elephant heads can be glued in place at different angles which gives them even more individuality.

(P.S. Alan... apologies if the subject title made you squeamish.)

Re: I've died and gone to Heaven!

2 sets please.

Re: I've died and gone to Heaven!

Pluto, ....I came to terms with my mortality some time ago

Re: Give us your input on the makeup of the elephant set!

Emailed this to Hat, posting here to see what everyone else thinks.

I think two seperate sets will be much better as it reduces left over figures, having those would stop me from buying a set as I wouldnt know what to do with them.

I'd also like to see head options for the Greeks so my riders could have helmets or the Petasos hats making them look really Greek in my mind.

The Sassanid Elephants I suggest a bigger carpet where the men sit. I don't know the word for it, but I bought the Indian ones and struggled to paint a paisley print on them, I think half the fun of Eastern Armies is how patterned and bright they are. To solve this problem I think a larger, undetailed cloth spread, maybe with tassles to accent.

What do you all think?

You wouldn't buy a set because of left over figures? that must create a problem for you...I dont think I've ever bought a set where I didn't end up with something left over...

I think the Sassanid set is already to go so I cant see anything changing, personally I dont see a problem with extra figures usually the opposite is true... not enough figures, if it helps to make the set viable and by this I mean the Pyrrhic/Seleucid version then I'm all for it.. of course Hät could cut off the spares and recycle them... so it could still mean only one tool and two boxes... but what a waste of time.... and why make it more complex then it needs to be? besides I could use the extra crews....
Add extra carpet/armour with milliput greenstuff or moulded plastic card or whatever material floats your boat to individualise the models....

Honestly, I'd rather not have a few left over random sassanids or Greeks that I won't be able to use for anything. Even if I collected the other army there would be a shortage of mounts as been mentioned previously in the thread.

I'm new to the hobby, so I really struggle with green stuff for conversions.

Also I'm sure like many people who are enticed into buying their first box of models, the ability to take something out of the box, a little assembly and then have infront of you a good looking unit or model or whatever is important. The Carpet or hats were just suggestions on how to improve the aesthetics of the models which otherwise are a bit non descript looking for the Greeks, and I think the driver is even the same as the Indian elephant set?

The elephants came from India with their drivers in the early years, that´s why the driver is the same although the crew in the tower are different.

Best regards,

Malcolm

Sam
and I think the driver is even the same as the Indian elephant set?

This Indian driver and all 8 crew members are completely new.