Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Incomplete list of master figures...(hat)

phil
I can't see the Dutch Belgium carbiners that were listed way back in late nineties?????
Any idea on them?????
Many thanks Phil

Unfinished... except for box art.

Come on, HaT! Where are the SciFi Centaurs that we saw artwork for a hundred years ago!

If you made SciFi Centaurs you would have cornered the market and sold a Brazilian sets by now and been gazillionnaires.

I've been waiting ages for them. But there are limits to my patience.

PS You will also need to re-open all the bricks-and-mortar hobby shops that you closed and turn back time 50 years so toy soldiers are sold in my corner shop that never existed.

PDA
Come on, HaT! Where are the SciFi Centaurs that we saw artwork for a hundred years ago!

If you made SciFi Centaurs you would have cornered the market and sold a Brazilian sets by now and been gazillionnaires.

I've been waiting ages for them. But there are limits to my patience.

Good memory

Should be good for a crowdfunder.

HaT-Twitter
...Should be good for a crowdfunder.
There is (are?) a lot of crowdfunding miniatures pages on Facebook. I even found one page that tries to bring all the miniatures crowdfunding projects onto one page, making it easier to keep track of all the numerous projects that are happening. Seems crowdfunding is the future; I think it's a genius idea, and wish it had happened sooner, so many 'niche' projects that previously companies had to basically just gamble on whether they would be successful or a costly flop.

A Brazilian????

PDA
Brazilian sets

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

donald

Hi Hat-Twitter,

One last category for you

1/32 scale range sets to be downsized to 1/72 scale

Nap French Elites in Greatcoats - 7 poses (only 3 of the 10 poses are being used in 8234)
Nap Bavarian Infantry -18 poses
Nap Wurttemberg Jaeger - 9 poses
Nap Wurttemberg Grenadiers - 9 poses
Nap Wurttemberg Musketeers - 9 poses

Brian
Hi Hat-Twitter,

One last category for you

1/32 scale range sets to be downsized to 1/72 scale

Nap French Elites in Greatcoats - 7 poses (only 3 of the 10 poses are being used in 8234)
Nap Bavarian Infantry -18 poses
Nap Wurttemberg Jaeger - 9 poses
Nap Wurttemberg Grenadiers - 9 poses
Nap Wurttemberg Musketeers - 9 poses

To be crowdfunded only.

Re: Incomplete list of master figures...

HaT-Twitter

8134 - Etruscan Army - mold completed but lost, whereabouts unknown
8155 - WWII Soviet 76mm Divisional Gun M1936 (F22) with crew - mold completed, whereabouts unknown

Status unclear
8164 - Franco-Prussian War French Infantry
8165 - FPW Bavarian Infantry
8172 - WWI French Canon de 75 mm modèle 1897 (updated hard plastic kit)
8217 - Persian Immortals
- FPW Prussian Infantry
- FPW French

In queue to be released
8234 - Nap French Light Infantry in Greatcoats
8294 - 1815 French Line Infantry Marching
8296 - Pre-1812 French Line Infantry Marching
8297 - Pre-1812 French Line Infantry Command

Lost
8295 - 1815 French Line Infantry Command

In various stages of development
- 7YW Prussian Artillery
- Nap Prussian Limbers/Caissons/Wagons
- Nap Brunswick Infantry

Hope that answers your questions

Thanks for this overview of the different states of the sets in question.
Maybe it helps the customer to understand the wavering course of your release policies a little better.

Again, would really love to buy quite some numbers of most of this long-awaited sets.
Call me old-fashioned, but when it comes to my hard earned hobby budget I prefer to check out the final product before I run after a set of 56 so far unseen figures in 6 to 8 poses for 20,- $.
Anyway, I truly hope it works well for both, the customers and the company!

Time to post my favourite subjects again.

7YW Prussian Artillery
7YW Austrian Infantry
WWII Italian Artillery
WWI French 75mm gun 1897 (hard plastic)
WWI Heavy Mortar with Austrian crew
NAP Prussian, Austrian & Russian MAC sets
FPW Anything!
WWI Russian & German Cavalry
Carthagian Sacred Band & Slingers
Byzantines

Hope that most of them will find their way as classical sets to the shelves some day.

For the moment I will leave the forum to the usual 2-4 laddies and their inimitable "culture of discussion" and "sense of humour".

Hav a hauf an' anither hauf, & then ye can hav anither

Frank Castle
For the moment I will leave the forum to the usual 2-4 laddies and their inimitable "culture of discussion" and "sense of humour".

For we're no' awa' tae bide awa',
For we're no' awa tae le'e ye,
For we're no' awa' tae bide awa',
We'll aye come back an' see ye.

donald

hi, can i ask You for the dragoons and corassieurs for the Prussian army for the 7YW? i see this 2 masters many years ago....many thanks sir.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sassanids!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Sassanid s!!!

Very interested in those Gauls :) The infantry set currently out is a bit lacklustre to put it mildly, but the command, the cavalry and the chariots are nice. Hope the "light infantry" would have slingers, archers and javelinners, at least 4 different of each :)

HaT-Twitter

Status unclear
8164 - Franco-Prussian War French Infantry
8165 - FPW Bavarian Infantry
8172 - WWI French Canon de 75 mm modèle 1897 (updated hard plastic kit)
8217 - Persian Immortals
- FPW Prussian Infantry
- FPW French

The Franco-Prussian War masters were reportedly given to a German cottage manufacturer who produced 1/72 white metal figures from them. I read that on http://historyin172.blogspot.de/ but cannot find the post now.

I believe they are included here:
http://www.hagen-miniatures.de/index.php/en/component/jshopping/category/view/125

Please bring on the 8172 updated hard plastic kit of the WW1 French Canon de 75 mm! Regards, Pat

Good evening Hat.
Thank you for the update although incomplete as you stated.
Good to see you back in business.
CPN

Frank - that seemed a touch hostile.

I welcome this degree of openness from any other manufacturer out there. Have you tried speak into Zvezda, Miniknight, Waterloo1815, Italeri?

I sometimes wonder why H tries to stay in this business if this is the feedback he gets from a simple list of masters.

Have a nice weekend.

Seemed to me more like enthusiasm combined with a bit of constructive criticism - nothing wrong with that in my view. I agree with you however that people do sometimes get overly emotional and belligerent regarding little plastic toy soldiers, let's not forget this hobby is supposed to be fun for us and (hopefully) for HaT as well.

Anyway, that list looks very promising. Top priority for me would be the SYW Austrians, followed by the AWI sets and the long-overdue Napoleonic Russians and Austrians. And the Italian front of WWI has been a bit neglected, so looking forward to seeing those WWI Italians as well.

Looking at Frank's proposed additions to the list, my vote would go to the SYW Prussian Artillery and the FPW French and Germans.

HaT-Twitter

-WW1 Russian Cavalry
-WW1 Russian Cossack

These I want! Any chance of updating your main page (by period) with these masters and the others?

e.g. http://www.hat.com/currentW.html

Also please put them all up for the pledge campaign. Thanks!

SteveO
HaT-Twitter

-WW1 Russian Cavalry
-WW1 Russian Cossack

These I want! Any chance of updating your main page (by period) with these masters and the others?

e.g. http://www.hat.com/currentW.html

Also please put them all up for the pledge campaign. Thanks!

Oh, now then, here we go! Thanks HaT!

WW1 Russian Caucasus Cossacks (also great for the Russian Civil War). Wearing the classic Cherkeska coat not modelled before for WW1/RCW.

Polearm is probably a standard bearer as Caucasus cossacks never used lances (Osprey MAA 364 page 40). Very nice!

WW1/RCW Russian regular cavalry:

Far better than the few things produced before for this subject

Hi Hat,

Wow - what a fantastic list, and thanks for posting. Regarding the WW2 masters. I am 99% positive that as well as the British BEF masters there also existed some masters for European uniformed Mid/Late War British Infantry, pictures were posted about the same time. Can you confirm that these still exist please ? Also, the reference to a US Infantry Squad is all new to me, and even more exciting! Can you post pictures or line drawings of this set by any chance ? Keep up the good work,

Mark

Can we have a look on line drawings for WWI german cavalry and uhlans?

Re: Incomplete list of master figures...dont't recall WWII US Infantry Squad

Because if I had seen something about WWII US Infantry Squad I know Id have been bugging you about them, just like the AI sets.

Quite a few years ago I remember a posting showing eight masters of Celti-Iberians. Four of these ended up in the 1/32 scale set. I was always hoping to see all of them in our scale. Hat has shown us an impressive list. I'm glad they plan on moving forward.

I know that everyone has their preference. I would love to see some ancients advance. You can never have too many elephants or Gauls.

Russ

Re: list of master -british 1&2ww

Yes. I always will remember very good figures of BEF'39-40. They also fit for desert and Greece-Crete '41. It is really needed set!

There were figures of late 1ww Scottish, with officer, and grenade laucher. I want such command/support set [officer, g.l., Lewis]. In lack of ww2 Jocks, i use them also for 1940.

Good to see that the WW2 BEF has not been sent to room 101. Never understood why British 1939-41 have been totally ignored except for the Zvezda's incomplete mini sets while you can get a range of Germans troops on bicycles/horses/goose-stepping.

Western allied tank riders and WW1 artillery 4.5" and crew appears to sell well (always out of stock!)so I am sure these also have the potential to generate a healthy return.

There was a set of WW1 French heavy weapons. have they got the chop?

RCD
... There was a set of WW1 French heavy weapons. have they got the chop?

I hope very much that this particular set could materialize within the one mentioned here?

HaT-Twitter
WW1 French Trench Gun

A combined/summarized set, so to say. Maybe Hät-representative could clarify?

I must say, this new energy at Hat is really reigniting my love of Hat figures. Completely reeling me back into painting and collecting! High compliments are in order. Thank you! (I had forgotten how much fun and enjoyment I had previously found with Hat. It so much reminds me of the day I spotted Airfix reissue figures in a Hat box, next to Prussian Napoleonic Dragoons and French Mamluks, positively big smiles kind of day!

I can only say WOW about the ACW figures. With these you could make figures for both sides, plus the Mexican War, or the more formal dress uniform of the 1850s. I wish you'd put these into regular production years ago--I'd buy a dozen or so despite having a large stock of Airfixes. And I'd definitely buy even more of the Command sets!

Bill