Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: new release E28: no ancient sets

HaT-Twitter
Scott
Well its been all talk and no action for a long long time...

Apologies to all. HaT underwent a dormancy of approximately 2 years. It is the goal of current Hat to complete all the unfinished masters at a fast pace.

Don't let it get to you. You've been much more responsive and informative than in the past. You're also more proactive, too. I don't know much about what was troubling HaT, but from where I'm sitting you're doing excellent work.

Bill

Thank you for the update, and your commitment to fast-tracking the sets currently in the pipeline. HaT certainly continues to have my support.

Very much looking forward to all the new releases.

Best regards,
Andrew

Looking at some of my army lists all you need for a basic Sassanid Persian army are the Clibanarii and Light cavalry. All of the extra's are optional. Looking at Sassanid Persian artwork the Clibanarii mounted on the fully caparisoned horses are from the early period and could do double duty if painted right as cataphracts.

Jon
Looking at some of my army lists all you need for a basic Sassanid Persian army are the Clibanarii and Light cavalry. All of the extra's are optional. Looking at Sassanid Persian artwork the Clibanarii mounted on the fully caparisoned horses are from the early period and could do double duty if painted right as cataphracts.

Sounds encouraging, perhaps I'll buy a few extra sets of both the light cavalry and the Clibanarii when they come out. My late Romans need an enemy to reckon with....

Incidentally, on the 'Assyrian enemies' thread: there seems to be a lack of Egyptian chariots out there and in production/for sale at present. The Ceasar set (ie: not the single chariot Pharaoh set, but the set with two standard war chariots) seems to be generally unobtainable. No chariots effectively means no Egyptian army.

Horse'n'musket

Incidentally, on the 'Assyrian enemies' thread: there seems to be a lack of Egyptian chariots out there and in production/for sale at present. The Ceasar set (ie: not the single chariot Pharaoh set, but the set with two standard war chariots) seems to be generally unobtainable. No chariots effectively means no Egyptian army.

You could substitute the Mitanni Chariots which are very similar and still available...

Re: ancient sets - Egyptian chariots

There are a few discissions online about pimping up the old Atlantic chariots.

eg: http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=441622

mike b
There are a few discissions online about pimping up the old Atlantic chariots.

eg: http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=441622

Quite a few here, too. Personally I have a bunch of the original Atlantic chariots. I was planning to assemble them straight from the box, as I'm a wargamer rather than a dioramist, but I like the idea of relocating the wheels and axles. I do think they look much better than the old Greek chariots with their sloping, angular sides resembling no chariots I've ever seen pictures of, not even in movies.

I'd forgotten it was Caesar Miniatures which reissued the old Atlantics. Thanks for mentioning them, guys!

Bill

It wasn't caesar that reissued the egyptian chariots from Atlantic. That was done by Nexus, I believe and maybe someone else? Waterloo 1815?..

In any case, the Caesar chariots look nothing like the "one man fits" chariots from Atlantic.