Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prussian Landwehr Drumming up support

Now is that 750 of each box you are going to be up for, or 750 total!?

Just waiting until payday so I can order my 10 sets!

I'm in for ten "boxes". Nice if boxes come but figures more important. Price point is a bit high IMHO but here's hoping it works and future sets can be more realistically priced

Changed my mind - just went for 12 boxes. email and PP all done.

Hope this pans out ok, as I really need these.

Also saw a post over on TMP about HaT not advertising this. Seriously - where are these plastics fans hiding that they are not on the HaT site, Bennos and similar on a daily basis. I wonder how many other guys interested in 1/72 Prussians are missing the announcement because they don't "internet"

After a recent flurry of orders Stage 6 has now been reach in only 12 days, I think Hat will be giving us an idea of what the bonus figures we can expect very soon this hopefully will spark more orders.

Well done everybody who have placed orders which means I now only need to order 600 of the remaining boxes GULP!

I nearly forgot remember that Every little helps

Brian - do you "know" how many boxes need to be sold (v how many have been paid for) or are you joking around?

Hi Marc,

No unfortunately I do not know how many boxes make up the 10 stages, the 1500 boxes figure comes from an earlier forum thread on the Prussian Landwehr or 7yr Austrian poll, where I managed to cast the first vote and asked Hat if they could stop the poll now and they replied As long as you pledge to buy 1500 boxes.
http://pub19.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=1619281253&frmid=6&msgid=947903&cmd=show

1500 boxes for the crowdfunding to go ahead seems a bit on the high side, I suspect this could be the total number of sets run and for the crowdfunding to continue Hat may have a lower number of pledges to be reached, this is only my guess.

Can you imagine Mrs Brian's reaction when 600 boxes of Prussian's arrive I would be in fear of my life, she would bury me along with the 33,000 Prussian's like some sort of Prussian version of the Terracotta army.

So if you want to prevent a murder please place an ordering.

Brian
Hi Marc,

No unfortunately I do not know how many boxes make up the 10 stages, the 1500 boxes figure comes from an earlier forum thread on the Prussian Landwehr or 7yr Austrian poll, where I managed to cast the first vote and asked Hat if they could stop the poll now and they replied As long as you pledge to buy 1500 boxes.
http://pub19.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=1619281253&frmid=6&msgid=947903&cmd=show

In revisiting that earlier post, it may seem that we made our decision prematurely because...

Hi Hat-Twitter,

That Poll was more rigged than the Spanish Armada thanks to the 7YW Austrians voting machine, if you take off their 64 votes in one day and the 248 votes on another day the Poll looks a little different, besides Polls in the last year have habit of getting the result wrong Brexit, US Election and the Undemocratic Republic of Congo.

The only Poll that counts is the one on election day or the number of pledges for the Prussian's.

because?

I don't see a picture - just a little square with a x in it - normally a sign of a dead link

Anyway - how we looking - has everyone jumped in with their pledges/cash? Have w all spread the word widely amongst our friends and other internet forums? I see the TMP thread is somewhat quiet, and little noise over on Bennos. Anywhere else?

Marc

No we haven't "jumped in" because it's an utterly dull subject that's been done before more than once. It was disappointing even when Airfix released Landwehr when everyone expected the "Prussian infantry" they announced were going to be line infantry but even more so now. Finely sculpted figures though they were, putting many current sets to shame. Apart from that, not people can afford to buy expensive figures they have no interest in leaving only the fanatics for that subject

Same with those **** Zulus who only a handful of vociferous adherents here want. I don't believe anywhere near 1500 pledges are being set in these crowdfunders - possibly only one tenth of that at most and the rest to be made up with general sales that won't succeed because of the niche interest. Anyone with some basic math can see that - one day 60% achieved; the next day only 53 set pledges needed and I don't believe for one minute there was an overnight surge of 547 sets

Come on, HaT, if you want to sell sets trumpet the pledge campaign far wider and open the gates to polls on a wide range of subjects including those never covered before...

ALL THE BEST AND NO OFFENSE

Truthsayer
No we haven't "jumped in" because it's an utterly dull subject that's been done before more than once. It was disappointing even when Airfix released Landwehr when everyone expected the "Prussian infantry" they announced were going to be line infantry but even more so now. Finely sculpted figures though they were, putting many current sets to shame. Apart from that, not people can afford to buy expensive figures they have no interest in leaving only the fanatics for that subject

Same with those **** Zulus who only a handful of vociferous adherents here want. I don't believe anywhere near 1500 pledges are being set in these crowdfunders - possibly only one tenth of that at most and the rest to be made up with general sales that won't succeed because of the niche interest. Anyone with some basic math can see that - one day 60% achieved; the next day only 53 set pledges needed and I don't believe for one minute there was an overnight surge of 547 sets

Come on, HaT, if you want to sell sets trumpet the pledge campaign far wider and open the gates to polls on a wide range of subjects including those never covered before...

ALL THE BEST AND NO OFFENSE

Now, now, guy, each to his own. Those 'fanatics' pledged enough to put the Zulus into production, and it looks like the Prussians are well on the way to meeting the goal.

Sooo... Which ones do YOU want?

Bill

We have now past 70% after reaching stage 7, the pace of pledges has slowed a little after the fantastic start but we are not too far away now, it maybe as little as 45 boxes if you can believe Truthsayer.

It looks like Crowdfunders could get 4 different Bonus Figures, so I would like to appeal to all the people sitting on the fence waiting to see how things shape up and invite them to dip their toe in the water by placing an order you know you want to.

Remember Every little helps

Hi Hat,

I would like to place an order for the Prussian landwehr, however there are a couple of things I would like to know, are there going to be 4 bonus figures? if so how many boxes do I have to order to get one of each of the bonus figures?

Also I am going to be moving house in April should I order now or wait until I have my new address?

Dougie B
Hi Hat,

I would like to place an order for the Prussian landwehr, however there are a couple of things I would like to know, are there going to be 4 bonus figures? if so how many boxes do I have to order to get one of each of the bonus figures?

We are planning for 4 bonus figures with one bonus figure per box. We are also looking for suggestions as to how to distribute them. We will open another topic on this if the crowdfunding progresses to completion.

Dougie B

Also I am going to be moving house in April should I order now or wait until I have my new address?

Please order now. You can confirm your new address once it is settled.

The Prussian Landwehr have good potential for lots of conversions you could paint them as Napoleonic Russian Militia

http://www.hat.com/Othr8/Birault07P.html

or how about Austrian Landwehr with a head swap
http://www.napoleon-series.org/images/military/organization/Eder/Eder2b.jpg

or if you swap their heads with Hat's Peninsular British Infantry you get these

The 2nd Landwehr Infantry Regiment of Silesia wore stovepipe shakos at Waterloo

and if you then swap the Prussian Landwehr heads onto the Peninsular British Infantry you get Hanoverian troops for Waterloo many of which were not issued shakos and wore simple caps like the Prussian Landwehr such as these

Could be time to place or top up your order we appear to be stuck on stage 7 and as you may remember every little helps

Great ideas and inspiration Brian! I hope it's ok but I have quoted your post over to the TMP and Benno thread on the Prussian Landwehr crowdfunder in the hope to inspire some people who might not visit Hat's forum on a regular basis.

Hi Tone,

Thanks for passing on the post to TMP and Benno's the more who know about Prussian Landwehr Crowdfunding project the better, if you or anyone else could continue passing information or the latest update to your Yahoo group, Reenactment groups, Wargames Club, History buffs, Model shops and friends who knows where it could lead.

You will need to show them the Prussian Landwehr crowdfunding link with the information
http://hat72.com/Crowd2.html

Thanks again to everybody and remember Every little helps

I have placed an order not for hundreds of boxes but more than I would normally buy I hope that helps us get a little closer to the 8th stage, I have been waiting years for the prussian landwehr to go with my favourite Prussian infantry mac sets, so I will sit back now and look forward to seeing the bonus figures.

That's the spirit Dougie - every little helps.

Let's hope there are some more still undecided - come on in, the water's lovely

I have increased my order if you are thinking of doing the same or making your first order now would be a good time.

On my last email to Hat about how the crowdfunding was going they replied they would make a decision on Monday, sounds a bit ominous to me.

I know I keep joking about buying the remaining boxes but if you can help us out as my joke is going to bite me on bum.

Remember Every Little Helps

Hopefully if they are going to call it, they could ring the bell for last orders and anyone on the fence can make their final decision one way or another. Also we could get the word around other forums that its time for last orders if that is the case.

I have now doubled my order for the Prussian landwehr this is a lot of money for me but they have been number 1 on my wishlist for a long time and I could not let the crowdfunding fail when it's so close to victory.

Looks like we have lift off Prussian Landwehr Crowdfunding status shows stage 9 Approved, Still taking pledges and the progress bar has turned green.

It looks like Every Little Helps has helped. and Bonus Figures are being decided