Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2017 wishlist

I know this is not a subject of Hat interest, but I noticed the nearly lack of modern Near East military (post WW2, from 1960 onward, egyptians, iraqi, iranians, syrians, north africans, pakistani...) or generic russian weapons equipped military (africans, indians...), or militians or western weapons equipped contractors/mercenary. Just Orion and Caesar made something. But not enough for me. I think they would be joker sets, useful in really many contexts for half a century!

Re: 2017 wishlist

I think I saw somewhere that the old ESCI Russian Spetnatz has been re-released by Italeri. A fellow I know did marvelous conversions with these. They were turned into AK-47-wielding terrorists/Arab militias, complete with blue jeans and Adidas running shoes.

Revell released the old Esci Spetsnaz set, among others old sets. This year the 4 7YW sets made by Revell will be available again.

Let me put it this way nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies nappies o did I mention Napoleonic figures,
Ie Prussian artillery wagons etc. Dutch Belgium carbiners etc British artillery and supply wagons etc.

Amen!

In the deep and distant pass HaT produced a future item 'Early WW2 BEF 'set. Both S Models and PSC have now produced some 1940 Western allied tanks. While early German sets are two a penny, BEF and to some extent French 1940 sets are not readily available. Yes I know of the Zvezda mini BEF sets but only a few were complete before the range was cancelled.

I am sure that like the Western allied tank riders and the British WW1 artillery crew the BEF set would disappear off the shelf.

PS: American and British tank riders are more going to be produced?

As I've mentioned before, I want the French Napoleonic Command Set in the post-1812 uniform!

Bill

I was very excited when I first learned that HaT were making Etruscans. For a long time they had been one of my dreamed up armies. I had no idea until very recently how they would look (very recently being just before HaT decided to make them), and the cancellation is just not something I can accept easily. I'd love for them to be made in 2017, call it a wish, if you want, but that is what this thread is all about.

Another thread echoed the need for Assyrians having some enemies. I too would like that to happen, ...