Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What is the ideal size for the Prussian Landwehr?

I was thinking that HaT had already decided on the size of the figures because the masters have already been made. But yes I suppose these are the 1/32 masters to be scaled down. And yes they absolutely have to be a match with HaT's Prussian infantry nothing else makes sense.

I haven't placed my order yet because I thought that all of these questions HaT is asking about size of the set, how we organise a Landwehr unit, number of figures number of bases, etc, etc, meant that HaT were contemplating making changes to these sets to better reflect our needs. A company that does that gets a thumbs up from me but I suspect it might be too difficult to cater to all of our different needs.

If there were to be any changes I'd need to know what the sets are before deciding what I want. If the sets are to stay the same I'd rather get my order in now before the exchange rate plummets (not sure I believe that will happen, but why take the chance).

I see what you mean Graeme I guess Hat may still fine tune and make changes to what is a new enterprise for them, I just hope there is not going to be to many people waiting to see how things turn out before placing an order as there is a time limit on the project.

I wonder whether Hat could take a preliminary order of what you need that could be decreased or increased according to your needs.

That was the deal with the Zulu crowdfunder Brian, anyone could change their order at any time, so no problem there.

I won't be waiting long. I looked in today to see if there was any development, I'll have a look at the other forums then come back here. And that'll do for me, I'll order the sets as they stand and tell HaT if they make a separate Command set in the near future I'll buy that too.

Brian
I see what you mean Graeme I guess Hat may still fine tune and make changes to what is a new enterprise for them, I just hope there is not going to be to many people waiting to see how things turn out before placing an order as there is a time limit on the project.

I wonder whether Hat could take a preliminary order of what you need that could be decreased or increased according to your needs.

The make up of the sets has been 99% decided at this point. The question for this thread is to decide the physical size of the Landwehr figures and it appears to be the decision of the people for it to match HaT's Prussian Infantry.

Graeme
how we organise a Landwehr unit,

Among other things, this will help us decide the number and type of bonus figures to make.

Thank you. Back to the order page.

Personally I think the new figures should match the existing ones. But beware of scale creep, as happened to metal figures.

As for numbers: Going by the illustration, it appears there are 6 of each pose per box(or is it 12?). To make a full regiment like mine would require 8 boxes.If there are four sprues per box that would make 4 regiments from 8 boxes. Of course, there is the bugaboo of where do we get the officers from, as the illustrations show a hornist and NCO/flagbearer in the Marching box and an officer and drummer in the Action set! Or am I missing something here?

Bill

Bill.

for the marching set I make it 3 of each pose per sprue which equals 12 per box
plus 2 command per sprue = 4 per box.

For the action set it's 2 of each pose per sprue = 8 per box plus the 4 command.

I the bonus figures are command figures that will add to the command count.