Surf Da lake...Conversation, chit chat, dialog, debate...

Welcome to the Surf Da Lake forums...this forum is optional...

Surf Da Lake Photo Albums

Surf Da lake...Conversation, chit chat, dialog, debate...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stop the SS Badger from dumping coal ash into Lake Michagan

The SS Badger car ferry dumps 500 tons of coal ash into the Lake every year.

The owners of the coal-fired SS Badger car ferry have long held a top spot on the Naughty List.

For decades, the Badger has been dumping coal ash into Lake Michigan – over 500 tons a year – as it ferries cars between Manitowoc and Ludington, Mich. And for the last few years, it’s owners have tried a long list of ploys to get special permission to keep dumping this toxic byproduct into Lake Michigan, rather than getting serious about solutions.

In coming weeks, EPA will be writing a new permit for the Badger. Sign this petition to tell the EPA not to allow the Badger’s owners to keep treating Lake Michigan like a toxic dump.

Containing 24 known carcinogens, this coal byproduct becomes even more toxic when mixed with water. By dumping it into Lake Michigan, the Badger car ferry threatens more than 10 million people who rely on this lake for drinking water.

The company has had plenty of time to clean up its act, but executives have chosen to skirt the system instead. Tell the EPA to hold the Badger car ferry to the Clean Water Act and prohibit them from dumping dangerous coal ash into Lake Michigan.

GO TO WWW.CLEANWISCONSIN.ORG to sign the petition. I also chose to donate $25 to the fight.

Happy New Year
Dan

Re: Stop the SS Badger from dumping coal ash into Lake Michagan

SAVE THE BADGER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Stop the SS Badger from dumping coal ash into Lake Michagan

I don't want to put them out of business....
I just want them to stop dumping their coal ash into the lake.

The SS Badger is so big that it can haul semi trucks !
They have room to haul their ash to shore for proper disposal,
they just don't want to. It's cheaper for them to dump their ash
into the Lake.

Over the years they have dumped millions of tons of coal ash into the Lake !!!!!!
MILLIONS OF TONS !!!!

It's a crime against humanity, but has been perfectly legal.
What a crazy world !

Wishing everybody all the best in the new year.

Dan