Nicole Caspari's Anne Frank Website* - Forum

This is a place for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, and meet new friends who share your love for Anne Frank.
Click on "Start a New Topic" to begin a discussion.

*Note: My Anne Frank Website - previously reachable at http://www.annefrank-online.de - and all my other websites have been taken down as of 2003.
If you are an old visitor/friend/acquaintance who stumbled upon this old, abandoned forum while nostalgically surfing the web and would like to get back in touch with me, I'd love to hear from you!
Please read my pinned topic for contact information and/or just post a message (of which I'll get notified via e-mail) somewhere in the forum.

Love,
Nicole (January 8th, 2018)

The Anne Frank portrait in the header graphic was painted by Priscilla Pope and is used with permission.

All about Anne
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: The Hidden Life of Otto Frank

OK, to answer your questions:

Yeah, the book's clean. I think I heard somewhere that the woman who authored the book writes for a tabloid publication in England or something like that, so I always had to sort of bear that in mind. The book hinges on some speculation, but it offers insights that are invaluable to someone who cares.

The book is technically about Otto, but it intentionally deals most often with his relationships with his wife and kids.

You can find that picture in the book. I think it's the property of the Fonds now. You're not likely to find it anywhere other than the book.

Crappy review, but-Hey, it's too damn hot here to bother wasting sweat thinking.

Rat.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Yes... I saw it a few days ago at Waldenbooks.

Replying to:

Chrismas 2003?

Replying to:

I have to questions concerning this book:

1. Is it a good book and is it accurate and clean? I'm thinking of getting it for my sister for Christmas, but I don't want to get her anything bad or tasteless.

2. The picture of Anne in the book, the previously unpublished one; does anyone know where I can get it? My sister saw that picture of Anne in the book and loved it. So I'm on the look out for it.

Thanks.

Re: The Hidden Life of Otto Frank

BTW, Carol Ann Lee does not write for any British tabloids. She sometimes writes newspaper articles (as do most authors), but that tabloid thing is simply not true.

Replying to:

Yeah, the book's clean. I think I heard somewhere that the woman who authored the book writes for a tabloid publication in England or something like that, so I always had to sort of bear that in mind. The book hinges on some speculation, but it offers insights that are invaluable to someone who cares.

The book is technically about Otto, but it intentionally deals most often with his relationships with his wife and kids.

You can find that picture in the book. I think it's the property of the Fonds now. You're not likely to find it anywhere other than the book.

Crappy review, but-Hey, it's too damn hot here to bother wasting sweat thinking.

Rat.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Chrismas 2003?

Replying to:

1. Is it a good book and is it accurate and clean? I'm thinking of getting it for my sister for Christmas, but I don't want to get her anything bad or tasteless.

2. The picture of Anne in the book, the previously unpublished one; does anyone know where I can get it? My sister saw that picture of Anne in the book and loved it. So I'm on the look out for it.

Thanks.

Re: Re: The Hidden Life of Otto Frank

Goed zo Kelly, alles in de gaten blijven houden. Het verlaten hotel is al in zijn tweede druk. Hij wordt nu al op meerdere scholen gebruikt als geschiedenisboek over WW-II, hebben we niet voor niets ons best gedaan. Moeten binnenkort eindelijk eens een afspraak maken. Veel liefs van mij en Mirjam.

Replying to:

BTW, Carol Ann Lee does not write for any British tabloids. She sometimes writes newspaper articles (as do most authors), but that tabloid thing is simply not true.

Replying to:

Rat.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Chrismas 2003?

Replying to:

Thanks.

Re: Re: The Hidden Life of Otto Frank

I thought someone, maybe backa few months ago, said she used to write for tabloids. Hell if I know

Rat.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Rat.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Chrismas 2003?

Replying to:

Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: The Hidden Life of Otto Frank

No probs, just thought I should defend her

Replying to:

I thought someone, maybe backa few months ago, said she used to write for tabloids. Hell if I know

Rat.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Rat.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Chrismas 2003?

Replying to:

Thanks.