Nicole Caspari's Anne Frank Website* - Forum

This is a place for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, and meet new friends who share your love for Anne Frank.
Click on "Start a New Topic" to begin a discussion.

*Note: My Anne Frank Website - previously reachable at http://www.annefrank-online.de - and all my other websites have been taken down as of 2003.
If you are an old visitor/friend/acquaintance who stumbled upon this old, abandoned forum while nostalgically surfing the web and would like to get back in touch with me, I'd love to hear from you!
Please read my pinned topic for contact information and/or just post a message (of which I'll get notified via e-mail) somewhere in the forum.

Love,
Nicole (January 8th, 2018)

The Anne Frank portrait in the header graphic was painted by Priscilla Pope and is used with permission.

All about Anne
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anne's Eyes

Thank you all for replying!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hazel actually means "light-brown" or brown, with a yellow-ish-ness to it. That's not what people mean in reference to eyes. With eyes, it's mostly used to describe the heterogenous variety.

That'd be the the multi-colored eyes, in Analgese.

Rat.

Replying to:

I think Elton John did rock in the 70's...nowadays maybe not so much. But what do I know, I wasn't even born until 1979.

Hazel eyes means brown with greenish specks doesn't it?

Replying to:

Just to make myself absolutely clear: I don't think Elton John "rocks," although I like some of his songs. That said, I only really dislike him on a personal level, because he's a celebrity. Apart from that, I think he's a great musical talent (except for how he recycled "Candle In the Wind" and re-dedicated it to my first girlfriend).

Anne did have brown hair, not green hair, but her eyes were green. I maintain that her eyes were green enough to be "green," not "gray-green." And I'm gonna get very pissy about it because I hate when people tell me my eyes are hazel. They're green. GREEN. Sure, some days they look blue, but, then, some days I forget to put the toilet seat down. Not sure where I meant to go with that line of thought, but I was under the impression that I was on the verge of a great analogy.

Better luck next time.

Rat.

Replying to:

Hey, Elton John rocks! I'm not the only one who thinks he's cool..right on.

Anyway, I always assumed Anne had brown eyes/hair...I can't picture her with green eyes.

Replying to:

"So excuse me forgetting

But these things I do

You see, I've forgotten

If they're green or they're blue

Anyway, the thing is

What I really mean

Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen."

"[Anne] was now eight years old, still somewhat thin and delicate, but with electric gray-green eyes with green flecks."-Miep Gies

Gray-green is basically green, maybe a hazy green. Anecdotal evidence: I've never known anyone whose eyes were so gray, gray could get equal billing to the other color in their eyes. Gray-blue can maybe wash. Gray and blue can look very much alike. Not so, gray and green.

Hold me closer, tiny dancer,

Rat.

Replying to:

Green.

Rat.

Replying to:

I read they were gray with green flecks or something...hmm, can't say with certainty.

Replying to:

Does anyone know the color of Anne Frank's eyes?

I heard people say they are brown, others say they are hazel.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anne's Eyes

Hey, it can happen. I have a friend who's got gold eyes.

Replying to:

"So excuse me forgetting

But these things I do

You see, I've forgotten

Anyway, the thing is

What I really mean

"[Anne] was now eight years old, still somewhat thin and delicate, but with electric gray-green eyes with green flecks."-Miep Gies

Gray-green is basically green, maybe a hazy green. Anecdotal evidence: I've never known anyone whose eyes were so gray, gray could get equal billing to the other color in their eyes. Gray-blue can maybe wash. Gray and blue can look very much alike. Not so, gray and green.

Rat.

Replying to:

Green.

Rat.

Replying to:

I read they were gray with green flecks or something...hmm, can't say with certainty.

Replying to:

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anne's Eyes

Maybe that's the newest hip-hop trend, having your real eyes removed and replacing them with gold ones.

Rat.

Replying to:

Replying to:

"So excuse me forgetting

But these things I do

You see, I've forgotten

Anyway, the thing is

What I really mean

Rat.

Replying to:

Green.

Rat.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anne's Eyes

Sounds dope. I'd like red eyes, personally--but I have those enough anyway. Too much pot.

Replying to:

Maybe that's the newest hip-hop trend, having your real eyes removed and replacing them with gold ones.

Rat.

Replying to:

Replying to:

"So excuse me forgetting

But these things I do

You see, I've forgotten

Anyway, the thing is

What I really mean

Rat.

Replying to:

Green.

Rat.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Anyone know?

Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anne's Eyes

Are you laughing at us?

Replying to:

Thank you all for replying!

Replying to:

Hazel actually means "light-brown" or brown, with a yellow-ish-ness to it. That's not what people mean in reference to eyes. With eyes, it's mostly used to describe the heterogenous variety.

That'd be the the multi-colored eyes, in Analgese.

Rat.

Replying to:

I think Elton John did rock in the 70's...nowadays maybe not so much. But what do I know, I wasn't even born until 1979.

Hazel eyes means brown with greenish specks doesn't it?

Replying to:

Just to make myself absolutely clear: I don't think Elton John "rocks," although I like some of his songs. That said, I only really dislike him on a personal level, because he's a celebrity. Apart from that, I think he's a great musical talent (except for how he recycled "Candle In the Wind" and re-dedicated it to my first girlfriend).

Anne did have brown hair, not green hair, but her eyes were green. I maintain that her eyes were green enough to be "green," not "gray-green." And I'm gonna get very pissy about it because I hate when people tell me my eyes are hazel. They're green. GREEN. Sure, some days they look blue, but, then, some days I forget to put the toilet seat down. Not sure where I meant to go with that line of thought, but I was under the impression that I was on the verge of a great analogy.

Better luck next time.

Rat.

Replying to:

Hey, Elton John rocks! I'm not the only one who thinks he's cool..right on.

Anyway, I always assumed Anne had brown eyes/hair...I can't picture her with green eyes.

Replying to:

"So excuse me forgetting

But these things I do

You see, I've forgotten

Anyway, the thing is

What I really mean

Rat.

Replying to:

Green.

Rat.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Anyone know?

Thanks.