Nicole Caspari's Anne Frank Website* - Forum

This is a place for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, and meet new friends who share your love for Anne Frank.
Click on "Start a New Topic" to begin a discussion.

*Note: My Anne Frank Website - previously reachable at http://www.annefrank-online.de - and all my other websites have been taken down as of 2003.
If you are an old visitor/friend/acquaintance who stumbled upon this old, abandoned forum while nostalgically surfing the web and would like to get back in touch with me, I'd love to hear from you!
Please read my pinned topic for contact information and/or just post a message (of which I'll get notified via e-mail) somewhere in the forum.

Love,
Nicole (January 8th, 2018)

The Anne Frank portrait in the header graphic was painted by Priscilla Pope and is used with permission.

All about Anne
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Source of Aggravation

I found an ezboard-thing online tonight where Anne Frank and all things related to her are or were discussed. Most of the posts are over a year old, but I'm not looking for seals to balance ming vases on their noses or anything tonight, so...

OK, one fellow on the board felt that the Anne Frank mini-series was wrought with inaccuracies. I didn't watch it, so I don't know. He lists a few of them and, as far as I can tell, he's right. The mini-series must have dredged those scenes out of some dark oriface. Now here's wherein my problem lies:

As Richard, his name was, stated, and rightly so, Anne didn't hold Margot in her arms after Margot died. From every account I've seen, Anne was also bed-ridden by the time Margot died. She was lying in bed when she said, "Margot will sleep well and when Margot sleeps, I won't need to get up anymore."

Well, someone contested Richard, saying that Margot and Anne were real close while in the camps and that Anne "may have" held Margot in her arms after Margot was killed, to which Richard replied that she certainly never did. Richard claimed that Anne never even was told of Margot's death, but just assumed that she had died. Someone else contested Richard, saying that Anne was never told of Margot's death and that, as she held Margot in her arms, she stated that another inmate would awaken her and she took her socks off or something.

This may have been the same person who said that she never heard of Anne being "zombie-like" in her last few days on Earth. True, but she didn't just die one day. She ran a fever, hallucinated, etc. as she neared the end.

Am I wrong here? I saw a screen-shot of that scene and I remember thinking, "Damn dramatic license." Am I right that by no accounts did that happen?

Rat.

Re: A Source of Aggravation

Most of those series, are just a kind of rubbish, mostly made and played by well fed actors trying to touch reality. How valse a lot of the information is; she didn't have a bed,they did sleep on wooden shelfs with what they called a blanket. They died from hunger and illness, like typhus. Up to the survivers they were to weak to resist all the horrible circumstances. They must have suffered high fever too. Really hard to play this role in a mini-serie.(sick).I agree with a lot of your doubts mr.Rat.Ronald

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I found an ezboard-thing online tonight where Anne Frank and all things related to her are or were discussed. Most of the posts are over a year old, but I'm not looking for seals to balance ming vases on their noses or anything tonight, so...

OK, one fellow on the board felt that the Anne Frank mini-series was wrought with inaccuracies. I didn't watch it, so I don't know. He lists a few of them and, as far as I can tell, he's right. The mini-series must have dredged those scenes out of some dark oriface. Now here's wherein my problem lies:

As Richard, his name was, stated, and rightly so, Anne didn't hold Margot in her arms after Margot died. From every account I've seen, Anne was also bed-ridden by the time Margot died. She was lying in bed when she said, "Margot will sleep well and when Margot sleeps, I won't need to get up anymore."

Well, someone contested Richard, saying that Margot and Anne were real close while in the camps and that Anne "may have" held Margot in her arms after Margot was killed, to which Richard replied that she certainly never did. Richard claimed that Anne never even was told of Margot's death, but just assumed that she had died. Someone else contested Richard, saying that Anne was never told of Margot's death and that, as she held Margot in her arms, she stated that another inmate would awaken her and she took her socks off or something.

This may have been the same person who said that she never heard of Anne being "zombie-like" in her last few days on Earth. True, but she didn't just die one day. She ran a fever, hallucinated, etc. as she neared the end.

Am I wrong here? I saw a screen-shot of that scene and I remember thinking, "Damn dramatic license." Am I right that by no accounts did that happen?

Rat.