Nicole Caspari's Anne Frank Website* - Forum

This is a place for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, and meet new friends who share your love for Anne Frank.
Click on "Start a New Topic" to begin a discussion.

*Note: My Anne Frank Website - previously reachable at http://www.annefrank-online.de - and all my other websites have been taken down as of 2003.
If you are an old visitor/friend/acquaintance who stumbled upon this old, abandoned forum while nostalgically surfing the web and would like to get back in touch with me, I'd love to hear from you!
Please read my pinned topic for contact information and/or just post a message (of which I'll get notified via e-mail) somewhere in the forum.

Love,
Nicole (January 8th, 2018)

The Anne Frank portrait in the header graphic was painted by Priscilla Pope and is used with permission.

All about Anne
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
anne frank

I really like your website.It has alot of info.I just don't understand why they have different names. Like in the book it says the Van dans,then other times i see it says Van pels. why is that? i really would like to know.

Re: anne frank

Anne Frank intended to have her diary published as a novel after the war. The people she was in hiding with were going to be characters, naturally, but she didn't want them to be easily identifiable. She wanted to protect their identities, in essence.

She created names for the people she hid along with, although many of the names differed only slightly from the actual names. Some of the names Anne created were never used in the diary, although she intended to use them in the book. Here goes nothin':

Peter van Pels=Alfred van Daan

Auguste van Pels=Petronella van Daan

Hermann van Pels=Hans van Daan

Fritz Pfeffer=Albert Dussel

Anne Frank=Anne Robin

Margot Frank=Betti Robin

Edith Frank=Nora Robin

Otto Frank=(I'm not sure of the first name) Robin

The names of the helpers were changed, too, but I'm done for tonight and I always get Kugler and Kleiman confused.

The point is: Anne changed people's names because she intended to release her diary as a novel.

Rat.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I really like your website.It has alot of info.I just don't understand why they have different names. Like in the book it says the Van dans,then other times i see it says Van pels. why is that? i really would like to know.

Re: Re: anne frank

Ich finde es sehr gut, dass sich junge Leute für das Thema Anne Frank interessieren. Ich denke, dass uns Anne mit ihrem Tagebuch einen Einblick im die Zeit des 2.Weltkrieges und desen Folger für die Bevölkerung der Länder (mit jüdischen Menschen) gibt.

Replying to:

Anne Frank intended to have her diary published as a novel after the war. The people she was in hiding with were going to be characters, naturally, but she didn't want them to be easily identifiable. She wanted to protect their identities, in essence.

She created names for the people she hid along with, although many of the names differed only slightly from the actual names. Some of the names Anne created were never used in the diary, although she intended to use them in the book. Here goes nothin':

Anne Frank=Anne Robin

Margot Frank=Betti Robin

Edith Frank=Nora Robin

The names of the helpers were changed, too, but I'm done for tonight and I always get Kugler and Kleiman confused.

The point is: Anne changed people's names because she intended to release her diary as a novel.

Rat.

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: anne frank

Herc Heracles,finally bock annonymous???

Replying to:

Ich finde es sehr gut, dass sich junge Leute für das Thema Anne Frank interessieren. Ich denke, dass uns Anne mit ihrem Tagebuch einen Einblick im die Zeit des 2.Weltkrieges und desen Folger für die Bevölkerung der Länder (mit jüdischen Menschen) gibt.

Replying to:

Anne Frank=Anne Robin

Margot Frank=Betti Robin

Edith Frank=Nora Robin

Rat.

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Re: anne frank

We were good until we hit "Einblick." And by "we," I mean "I."

And by "were," I meant "was."

Rat.

Replying to:

Herc Heracles,finally bock annonymous???

Replying to:

Replying to:

Anne Frank=Anne Robin

Margot Frank=Betti Robin

Edith Frank=Nora Robin

Rat.

Replying to: