Nicole Caspari's Anne Frank Website* - Forum

This is a place for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, and meet new friends who share your love for Anne Frank.
Click on "Start a New Topic" to begin a discussion.

*Note: My Anne Frank Website - previously reachable at http://www.annefrank-online.de - and all my other websites have been taken down as of 2003.
If you are an old visitor/friend/acquaintance who stumbled upon this old, abandoned forum while nostalgically surfing the web and would like to get back in touch with me, I'd love to hear from you!
Please read my pinned topic for contact information and/or just post a message (of which I'll get notified via e-mail) somewhere in the forum.

Love,
Nicole (January 8th, 2018)

The Anne Frank portrait in the header graphic was painted by Priscilla Pope and is used with permission.

All about Anne
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Anne Frank?

Guess I do take that a little personal.

Being a Christian myself I have a lot of respect for all Jewish people and I think it's neat of them to be Christians and to continue with their Jewish beliefs too. After all isn't that what Paul did after he became a Christian? He still celebrated the Jewish holidays and kept his Jewish diet.

But anyway, I think this is interesting. I know Anne mentioned that Margot was a little upset about the Bible incident. Anne believed in Jesus, but I'm assuming Margot didn't. What about Edith or Otto? How did they feel about Jesus and Christianity?

Re: Re: Re: Anne Frank?

It'd be wrong to take the matter personally unless you were yourself a Messianic.

I'm just telling it like it is. Orthodox Judaism does not recognize Messianics as Jews because Jesus is, for some reason, a major stumbling block in certain respects. By-the-Book Christians do not consider Messianics to be Christians because they retain Jewish customs that Jesus struck down.

Then, there are people who fall in-between who say, "Aw, hell. It's OK. You're whatever you say you are!" Trouble is, it doesn't make sense. If you believe in Jesus, you're not Jewish no matter what. Jews do not believe that Jesus was Mosiach. Jesus did not fulfill their prophecies.

If you don't want to hear that, I'm sorry, but it's the truth. I respect Jews when they say, "Yeah, I'm Jewish. And I won't assimilate for anybody or any society because I trust my faith."

"After all isn't that what Paul did after he became a Christian? He still celebrated the Jewish holidays and kept his Jewish diet."

Don't suppose that Jews still considered him Jewish. And Jesus actually proclaimed that kosher need not be kept. He basically said that any food you put into your mouth is made pure by the fact that your body is sacred. Something along those lines. I don't know his stance on Jewish holidays, but I suppose there's a reason why modern-day Christians don't observe any of them.

I don't think Anne was Christian, but I think she was interested. Otto was probably fairly open to Christianity. He kept a prayer by St. Francis of Assisi in his pocket for years after WWII. Edith was probably ideologically in-league with Margot.

Rat.

Re: Re: Re: Anne Frank?

I know for sure that Otto was not a Christian. He didn't even believe in God. Which is confusing because he bought Anne a bible. So he must have believe in God. But most likely not Jesus. And I totally agrre with you!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anne Frank?

Christians do think Messianics are Christians! I was at church and I heard a missionary from Israel say that Messianics are Christians and we do belive they are. I am a Christiaqn and I belive they are. Have any other questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and by the way I don't think God would like you dissing HIS people!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anne Frank?

He either did believe in God or he didn't. My Lord, Girl You're confusing.

Look, I don't want to keep on about the Messianic issue because you take it too personally, but Christianity as a religion, and most of those Christians who recognize Messianics as Christians, does or do not recognize Messianics as Christians for the reasons you might. Because I get the feeling that you really believe they're Christian.

For the most part, it's a scam perpetrated by former Jews who want to convert other Jews and Christians who want to sneakily convert Jews. "You can be both, so it's not like converting at all." Christianity encourages proactive conversion, Judaism does not, so Judaism has long been leery of Christianity's motives whenever it encourages the Jews to do anything or claims to support Jewish populations.

This is probably why you know of Christian clerics who support Messianics and why I don't know of a single rabbi who does.

Rat.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anne Frank?

Does everyone mind if we bring the subject back to Anne, Margot, Edith and Otto. I don't mean to be rude, but let's not start a fight, okay? I do agree with Carmen and I am a Christian too, but let's not fight over this. Agree to disagree??? I don't even know why we're talking about Messianic Jews. Was Anne and her family Messianic? If not, can we talk about something different?

Anyway, what I want to know is, what did Margot think about Christianity particularly? It's strange, but I like to learn a lot about Margot because there isn't much known about her personally. I would have loved to have read her diary, to get her side about everything. Makes me wonder what Margot felt about hearing that think about diaries and letters on the radio broadcast on March 28, 1944???

Blessings,
Veronica

Re: Anne Frank?

I don't actually get what the question is. If Anne was the one who believed in Jesus, then doesn't that mean she's the Christian one?

Re: Re: Anne Frank?

Well, I think it's between God and her if she was a true believing Christian. But I really hope if she didn't become a Christian in hiding, maybe she did when she was sent to Auschwitz or Bergen-Belsen

Re: Re: e: Anne Frank?

Hi i'm doing a skool product on annelise marie Frank
and I want to know why her family din't flee the country like many others did,I also want to know who the kitty person she wrote here diary to
I learnt that she was writing it to an actual person she new...but who??

Re: Re: Re: e: Anne Frank?

i'm not possitive but it think it was because it was too late, hitler had already invaded amsterdam, netherlands.