Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cold Wars 2017

So, who is going to Cold Wars? (east coast US convention, 16-19 March)

Anyone running a game?

Re: Cold Wars 2017

David
So, who is going to Cold Wars? (east coast US convention, 16-19 March)

Anyone running a game?

Cold Wars and Fall-In! both take place right here in Lancaster PA where I live, so I make it a point to take part. (Shhhh! that's the real reason we moved here, but don't tell my spouse. She thinks it's because of all her relatives who live nearby.)

I'm planning to volunteer, though not yet sure where I'll be assigned. Probably Pre-Registration or the Events Desk (my favorite).

And yes, I will be running a game [F:377 Face‐Off ‐‐ Sicily 1943 Redux] on Friday March 17, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in the Marietta Room (Band of Gamers club room we share with Carnage and Glory). However, my badge will not say Grumble on it. The PEL lists my "real" name.

The scenario (obviously, from the title) is Sicily WW2, a British infantry brigade advancing shortly after the landings. It is counterattacked by a mostly Italian force, with a mix of captured French R35 tanks, Bersaglieri, artillery and regular infantry, reinforced by German FLAK units and other elements. The "Redux" part is that I have run this scenario before with different forces, so this one is a sort of "what-if" that tweaks the units and orders for what I think will be a more interesting game.

Of course, there will be lots of 1/72 little plastic men, with HaT featured prominently among the Italian infantry and the British support units (mortar and MMG).

Hope you can come by, or better yet, sign up for the game!

I wish I could. That game sounds good to me. But I am saving up for Historicon again when I have time off work. I feel bad that I can't get to the other two conventions.

Dadu Skoupzi
I wish I could. That game sounds good to me. But I am saving up for Historicon again when I have time off work. I feel bad that I can't get to the other two conventions.

I plan to be at Historicon. Hope to see you there! Not sure what scenario I'll be putting on for that, or even whether it will be WW2 [Command Decision] or ACW [Johnny Reb].

But one thing's for sure -- I have to decide by the end of this month, because that's already the deadline for Historicon games to get in the PEL! As if I didn't have enough to do getting ready for Cold Wars.

As for the Sicily scenario, it would be fun to run it as a pick-up game at Historicon, but since I also work for the con my time gets pretty limited. Maybe I'll put it on the Command Decision forum a few weeks beforehand and gauge the interest. Needs at least 4 players to run well.

I will try to get in on your game. We can meet and trade real names.

It was pretty funny, after several years of playing Command Decision at Historicon, to finally have another player realize, "Oh, you're Grumble?!?!?!?!"

I will look forward to meeting you. I look a little like my avatar, except he has more hair around the face. Oh, and I wear glasses.

I will definitely look for that avatar in July. It's going to be a fun event as always.