Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Prussian Landwehr bonus figure pose suggestions...

The Prussian Landwehr set is moving along rapidly and has advanced a stage. We are now looking for bonus figure pose suggestions.

Please suggest poses for the following:
Sapper: Marching, attacking with axe, etc.
ADC: Pointing, with maps, looking, gesticulating with hands, etc.
Officer: Marching, attacking with sword, pistol, etc.
Medic: Medicating, marching, kneeling over patient, bending over patient, etc.

Thanks!

Re: Prussian Landwehr bonus figure pose suggestions...

I think the sapper has to be advancing, holding the axe in front of him at the ready and looking like he's determined to smash something to pieces with it.

so, holding the axe like this:

But a much more dynamic figure, like this:

The ADC should have maps, the officer marching, and the medic kneeling down. I have no preference as to the sapper. Thanks for asking.

Sapper: advancing, holding axe with both hands (something like this: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS25tmDCGjjVBfMVZz5AqU4UEXdbcxNKub977dAXJ4aJ0txW8zToA)

ADC: I'd much rather see this figure mounted than on foot (I prefer to have all my staff officers mounted), maybe pulling a rolled map/despatch from a pouch or reaching out to hand over said map/despatch to the general.

Officer: advancing with pistol; or alternatively, standing, sword sheathed, right hand raised, about to give the command to open fire.

Medic: kneeling or bending over a casualty.

Also, HaT, could you please clarify how the bonus figures will be distributed (i.e. how many sets must one buy in order to get each figure)?

hefay

Also, HaT, could you please clarify how the bonus figures will be distributed (i.e. how many sets must one buy in order to get each figure)?

We would like customers to offer suggestions for this!

Edit: This was the pic from Mr. hefay above

Thanks for your reply.

I would suggest maybe a similar method to the Zulu bonus figures, so one foot figure per set plus one mounted ADC for every two sets. For the foot figures, if possible let the customer choose which figures they would like. If that's impractical, have them in a fixed order, e.g. first set - officer, second set - medic, third set - sapper, or something in that vein.

Does that sound reasonable to my fellow forumers?

hefay

I would suggest maybe a similar method to the Zulu bonus figures, so one foot figure per set plus one mounted ADC for every two sets.

Thanks for your reply but all 4 bonus figures will be foot figures...

So you have to buy four boxes to get all four that seems fair if you don't then its pot luck witch ones you will get.
As for the poses I like all of what has been suggested already.
Many thanks Phil

Thanks!
Just to get the pics out of the links...

Sapper: Marching with axe and slung musket

Officer: Marching with sword down arm out

Medic: Performing prostate exam

or this guy wearing spectacles

HaT-Twitter
Thanks!
Just to get the pics out of the links...

Sapper: Marching with axe and slung musket

Officer: Marching with sword down arm out

Medic: Performing prostate exam

or this guy wearing spectacles

After seeing these, I gotta vote for the medic giving the prostate exam!

Bill

Hi

For the sapper may be using his axes (again a door for example)

Adc : I prefer on horse. On foot may arriving for giving an order or repport (just stopping walking or walking but not relax and not running) and presenting a mail

Officer : ordering fire (or waiting saber not at hand)

medic : arriving (just stopping walking or walking but not relax and not running) with case with tool...

Thanks for asking

Pierre

Poses:

Sapper. See my post above.

Officer. Advancing with sword, or perhaps sword and pistol.Brians suggestions look OK.

ADC. Perhaps consulting a map and pointing the way to Macca's.

Or putting a dispatch into his satchel or something similarly ADCish.

Medic. Is your medic a surgeon (officer) or a krankentrager (enlisted man stretcher bearer)
I don't mind a surgeon wearing an apron and holding a large scary looking scalpel, or perhaps in full uniform and sharpening his scalpel with a whetstone prior to a battle(I don't think that pose has been done before). It's OK if he's wearing spectacles.
A krankentrager could be bending over a patient a bit like the Airfix/HaT WWI British figure.

HaT-Twitter
We would like customers to offer suggestions for this!

If the officer came with every 1st box, the sapper with every 2nd, the ADC every 3rd and the Medic every 4th that would mean everyone gets as many different figures as possible. Good for everyone.

If the bonus figures were distributed randomly this might lead to universal disappointment. Newton's third Law of Cornflakes box giveaways states that your chances of receiving a given figure decrease in inverse proportion to the strength of your desire to have it.

If you want to reward people who placed larger orders by unlocking each figure based on number of boxes bought that would be understandable but no point asking us where the cut of points should be. You know that we all think the number of boxes we bought should qualify us for receiving all 4 figures. Which means you have to make that decision yourselves.

If there was one of these figures that came with every box, I think it should be the officer. These sets could use extra officers.

Thank you for asking.

Graeme

If the officer came with every 1st box, the sapper with every 2nd, the ADC every 3rd and the Medic every 4th that would mean everyone gets as many different figures as possible. Good for everyone.

If the bonus figures were distributed randomly this might lead to universal disappointment. Newton's third Law of Cornflakes box giveaways states that your chances of receiving a given figure decrease in inverse proportion to the strength of your desire to have it.

If you want to reward people who placed larger orders by unlocking each figure based on number of boxes bought that would be understandable but no point asking us where the cut of points should be. You know that we all think the number of boxes we bought should qualify us for receiving all 4 figures. Which means you have to make that decision yourselves.

If there was one of these figures that came with every box, I think it should be the officer. These sets could use extra officers.

Thank you for asking.

Accepting all and any ideas...