Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Medieval Armies

Plastic ants are normally opposed by Army troops rather than Marines.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Plastic ants are normally opposed by Army troops rather than Marines.

Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog

I've seen that movie too. It's the Army. I have plenty of all three.

Bill

Yes. What I'd like to see sets of:

- Dark Age Welsh and Scots. Everyone does the Saxons, Normans and Vikings, but some bare legged Northmen would be nice.
- Irish mercenaries, Gallowglass, Kern, preferably looking a bit earlier than the Redbox troops.
- Scots for the Scottish War of Independence. Tho I don't really trust anyone with pikes in 1:72, maybe HaT could do them justice (even if only with open hands...or not even open hands, make us drill them, but make the hands aligned at least).
- Hobilars for the Hundred Years War. Or some generic light cavalry.
- Crusader Sergeants. Again, knights everywhere, no sergeants to be found. Also, turcopoles - the El Cid infantry can be used as infantry, even for 3rd crusade, or at least that's what I want to do...
- Hungarians! Nobody does them (us), but we had a fairly interesting army, a combination of East and West with hussars, knights and mercenaries.

From the top of my head, that's all :)

i am with you on more dark age sets.if i might add to your list,lombards and later goths.
hungarian sets,both dark age and medieval would be very interesting sets.