A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.
You speak truthfully, truthsayer. And guys I appreciate the enthusiasm and feed back. One day the Eternal Empire will reign again.
If Hat did soldiers on bicycles (!!!!????, they can release Bysantines.
With that fabulous Byzantine infantry Hatt needs to make the corresponding cavalry that go with them. I would love to see them make the army of Basil the Bulgar Slayer, and some Bulgars for him to slay as well to go with them. An Italian Carroccio would be fabulous. Poles from the early middle ages would look absolutely fabulous. I got all of these figures in 15mm metal and they really look fabulous. I'm sure they would look great in plastic too.
Plastic ants are normally opposed by Army troops rather than Marines.
Mike Bunkermeister Creek
Bunker Talk blog
Yes. What I'd like to see sets of:
- Dark Age Welsh and Scots. Everyone does the Saxons, Normans and Vikings, but some bare legged Northmen would be nice.
- Irish mercenaries, Gallowglass, Kern, preferably looking a bit earlier than the Redbox troops.
- Scots for the Scottish War of Independence. Tho I don't really trust anyone with pikes in 1:72, maybe HaT could do them justice (even if only with open hands...or not even open hands, make us drill them, but make the hands aligned at least).
- Hobilars for the Hundred Years War. Or some generic light cavalry.
- Crusader Sergeants. Again, knights everywhere, no sergeants to be found. Also, turcopoles - the El Cid infantry can be used as infantry, even for 3rd crusade, or at least that's what I want to do...
- Hungarians! Nobody does them (us), but we had a fairly interesting army, a combination of East and West with hussars, knights and mercenaries.
From the top of my head, that's all :)
i am with you on more dark age sets.if i might add to your list,lombards and later goths.
hungarian sets,both dark age and medieval would be very interesting sets.