Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SYW Armies , which will you represent?

PS. Who's in for crowdfunding SYW Russians in waistcoats once the current queue is completed? - Only if they are 15mm...

Well, I haven't decided yet if they are to be allies of the Grand Duchy of Auberge, or their implacable foes, The Pancreatic League.

Either way they are most welcome, and I will be supporting.

Russians - yes please. But 15mm, why would I want an army of little boys? My Russians need to be big men to take on the might of my Imagi-Nations...

hefay

PS. Who's in for crowdfunding SYW Russians in waistcoats once the current queue is completed?

You bet!

donald

Hefay,

It sounds like you are going to refight the whole of the SYW. I must admit that I love the uniforms of this period and so have a mixed collection of painted figures that were chosen as being in the limits of my conversion techniques from what was available. So in my case I have a regiment of Russian Cuirassiers, the Saxe Hussars (a German Hussar regiment in French service) and a British Light Dragoon regiment that was made by conversions before the Italeri figures came along. In the AWI I have British Line Infantry, Fusiliers and a Highland Regiment plus Artillery from conversions before the Imex Artillery became available and the Brunswick Infantry regiments and combined Grenadiers. Then for the other side French Artillery (converted from Zvedza Napoleonic French) and Lazun's Legion both Foot and Mounted.

However, now I am trying to be more conservative and keeping my eye on the ball just paining SYW Austrians and now adding Prussians along with the Cuirassiers converted from Zvedza Saxons.

Best regards,

Malcolm

Interisting and inspiring to read about all the possible painting variants mentioned here.
In my case, any potential future 7YW Austrians will primarily serve with their old Revell comrades in their designated role. Would be great if their eternal wait for reinforcements would come to an end finally.

hefay
Who's in for crowdfunding SYW Russians in waistcoats once the current queue is completed?

To be honest, if there ever should be 7YW Russians, I would prefer the convential way of contribution very much.
If they're done decently, they will fly off the shelves anyway.

Frank Castle

To be honest, if there ever should be 7YW Russians, I would prefer the convential way of contribution very much.
If they're done decently, they will fly off the shelves anyway.

Honestly, I don't particularly mind either way. Getting them the conventional way would be ideal, but if crowd funding gets them made a couple of years sooner, count me in.

The votes short

Also, the Austrians are currently just three votes short of the top candidates, so if there are still any SYW fans around who haven't voted for them, let's get them up there!