Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Give us your input on the make up of the latest WWI cavalry sets!

PDA
Eagle Games do generic horses. I checked them out just 3 days ago. The link is on PSR.

I am considering asking any of my friends if they are 1. American and 2. would they take delivery of some Eagle Games horses for me.

HTH

PDA: Email me at anne dot daniel at juno dot com. Do you come to the US for any HMGS-East conventions such as Historicon?

Suits me fine.

"Suits me fine".... Me too

The fifth rider is a great bonus as far as I'm concerned. In the Cossack set the pole-arm guy works as a unit standard-bearer.

Sounds good to me. Perhaps also add an extra lance arm so those so inclined can convert the carbine figure into another lancer.

i like that.

My preference is to include a 5th horse. I totally understand the rational and applaud it. However, it offends my frugal nature to leave a figure that I've paid as much as 50 cents for unused! Accordingly, I delve into my pile o' unpainted plastic and find a suitable replacement. This means that, somewhere, some time, there will be another figure left unused (who I may have paid for or may have been given to me by one of the misguided souls who "graduated" to metal).

Graeme
...fine by me and the extra officer figure is a great idea.
George Wyllie
Suits me fine.
ironsides
"Suits me fine".... Me too
SteveO
The fifth rider is a great bonus as far as I'm concerned...
hefay
Sounds good to me...
marco zappa
i like that.
And it sounds good to me, too. 5 humans, 4 horses, per sprue. It's not exactly my idea of perfection, but what's that 'they' say, "Imperfect action today is better than perfect tomorrow", meaning I'd rather have these sets and build on them, than be waiting around indefinitely for my 'pefect' set.

Or, as we say in Canada, "Git R Done!"

4 horses and 5 figures. I am using extra officers as dead/wounded markers.

Would very much prefer a conventionally balanced ratio of horses & riders.
5 nags for 5 grunts.
Still fail to understand the necessity of this rather peculiar asymmetrical set design.

PDA
... It's not exactly my idea of perfection, but what's that 'they' say, "Imperfect action today is better than perfect tomorrow", meaning I'd rather have these sets and build on them, than be waiting around indefinitely for my 'pefect' set.

As PDA already implied, before this becomes a most difficult matter of life and death, I could accept (albeit reluctantly) this irritating economy measures.

But to answer the original question.

HaT-Twitter
Do you like the make-up of 5 figures and 4 horses per sprue? ... Make your voice heard here!

No, I don't like it.
Please forgive me when I'm not able to see the logic behind the idea of having 15 riders vs only 12 horses per box.

PDA
5 humans, 4 horses, per sprue. It's not exactly my idea of perfection, but what's that 'they' say, "Imperfect action today is better than perfect tomorrow", meaning I'd rather have these sets and build on them, than be waiting around indefinitely for my 'pefect' set.

My thoughts exactly. Regards, Pat

I'm voting for 5 men,including officer and 4 horses. I have many extra horses from other sets and difference in plastic colour brings more effect

Five riders and four horses is excellent for the reason stated. Also, with extra changeable arms the officer figure can become another private. We often have extra horses from other sets that we can use for the fifth rider. For instance, I have mounted extra riders on horses from Eagle Games.

The 5 figures and 4 horses per sprue is a great idea. I have spare horses all over the place, so I get using all the figures. Keep doing it.

Dave

Just to pull a point over here from the general poll thread - most if not all countries only issued lances to 50% of the rank-and-file troopers in their cavalry regiments to equip the front rank but as WW1 went on the weapon became increasingly irrelevant. Please consider reducing the number of lances or increasing the number of optional arms holding swords and carbines. Thanks.

If you want an alternative head suggestion for the Russian cavalry then how about some budenovka hats? Would make up for not including these options with the Russian artillery crew, as many suggested, and can still be used with them instead of the stiff-crown parade caps.