Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WWI Cavalry....missed the boat?

SteveO
Andrew Hughes
Dear HaT,

While the figures look fantastic, do you think you may have missed the boat with the WWI cavalry now that a competitor has put out a fairly extensive range of WWI German and Russian cavalry? The average WWI wargamer probably doesn't require masses of cavalry.

Take your point but would have to echo what others have said - to be brutally honest those sets are amongst their worst output in terms of dodgy anatomy/poses/flatness though it's good to see the tremendous recent improvement.

It depends on which of their WW1 cavalry sets you are looking at. The quality is quite diverse, the images (but not the score) on PSR show that quite clearly.

I have few complaints about their poses. The HäT WW1 cavalry poses might reflect the reality better but for my purposes they are a tad too sedate.

I'd buy the HäT WW1 Cossack cavalry. And the WW2 BEF set. Regards, Pat

Re: Really like the US rifle squad WWII...

They rival Airfix in useful poses and uniforms. I hope they make the cut.

Re: Really like the US rifle squad WWII...

Arlin
They rival Airfix in useful poses and uniforms. I hope they make the cut.

I'd have to say that there is a fair crowd of US WW2 infantry sets out there and I'm wondering what a new set from HaT will add? The poses are good but not greatly different from what has already been released by other manufacturers.

A US infantry squad would of course then also need some heavy weapons support (a further set) and some combat engineer back-up (another set as well!)......

Re: Indicate your interest for the next sets to go into queue!

Napoleonic Austrian infantry.

I'm an Ancients gamer. The Sassanid Persian Cataphracts and Elephants would be a natural first choice for me.

Please, less lances to ww1 cavalry. More heavy weapons to ww2 british and US

Agree with Vadim on WW1 cavalry lances - many (if not all?) armies only issued lances to half the men in a cavalry unit, to equip the front rank in a charge, but as the war went on they became increasingly irrelevant. Therefore would be great to have more optional arms holding swords and carbines.

Re: Complete existing ranges first

Hi
Thanks for asking.

It would be nice to see existing ranges completed first i.e. The Sassanids, Austrians for 7YW and WW1 cavalries before embarking on newer lines like ACW or WW2 GI's

Cheers
Danny

No Napoleonic figures so not much interest for me, but did vote sys.