Return to Website

HaT Forum

A forum to discuss HaT products, ETS, uniformology, modeling, painting, and other essentials associated with HaT products.

HaT Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Give us your input on the makeup of the 7YW Austrians sets!

Well as you are asking - I would prefer hard/harder plastic and the hats moulded on. All marching and a separate set of grenadiers.

What about sizes for these and the ACW sets, are they gonna be giants like the Prussian 7YW MAC sets then I'm out.

First, I am also a Grant player, so 48 infantry plus command. So 48 marching, 48 action works for me. But if not, then multiples of 6 or 8 work for me (Zvezda seem to work on 6's, so 8 boxes and I am sorted).

Command - mounted officer essential, otherwise I am relaxed. I use an officer, an NCO, a standard and a musician. SO your proposed set works fine for me

Size - please match your Prussians. I know they are bigger than Revell, but the Revell figures re not the best, and they will be phased out of my armies by these. ANd smaller figures can sit on bigger bases if need be. But you have set the standard with your Prussians, so why change?

And I am relaxed about hats, but separate hats enable the tricorn to be moulded better, if that helps...

As to marching poses, I quite like a variation, as I can always rank them up into different units by pose - after all, I will be having more than one regiment...

This is in part a reply to Marc above, but also to Hat as to the best size. Please do not make them too big, make them compatible with the Revell SYW Austrians. I already have4 boxes of the Revell figures, having increased from the original 1 box when I first heard that Hat were going to make SYW Prussians. However, their set although good is restricted since the Grenadiers are Marching or Advancing and the Musketeers are all in Firing Line. With the Hat sets I look forward to having Grenadiers in Firing Line and Musketeers Marching and Advancing. Also the Revell set only had 1 Musician (a Grenadier). So I look forward to finally additional get Musicians to my Musketeer regiments. Finally, from the masters it can be seen that the Hat Grenadiers will not have the belly box as worn by the Revell figures. Since this item was not universal I will be choosing the regiment that I paint and hence the Facing Colours accordingly. So in combined Grenadier Batallions that have the 2 styles I will be mixing the Revell and Hat figures.

Best regards,

Malcolm

Aaah, sizing.

Yes, it's a conundrum - go for matching the old revel, or the new HaeT Prussians. I guess we will all have our choices (as we should), just guess mine was to be internally consistent across the HaeT range - that way parts can be swapped, units mixed etc.

I have a LOAD of the Revell range, but figure they are separate units, so I would not be too fussed by the height discrepancy.

But always good to see us all thinking about it.

Marc

I don't have any of the old Revell Prussians, but I do have plenty of Austrians and they seem quite compatible with HaT's Prussians, as are Zvezda's grenadiers. Certainly within the realm of reasonable human variation, so I don't think this should be a major concern.

I would however be very happy if any separate heads/hats in HaT's Austrian sets were interchangeable with Hat's Prussians, which would be ideal for conversions since in the Reichsarmee there were quite a a few units wearing Prussian-style uniforms but with the grenadiers wearing Austrian-style bearskins.

Exactly - great idea, and maximises the use of the HaeT figures

Marc
Exactly - great idea, and maximises the use of the HaeT figures

As far as size goes, I say make them match what's already being made. That way they'll look good together.

Bill

sure more firing figs.