it´s also the favourite War movie here at the Forum as we decided democratically by ourselve a few weeks ago.....
It´s all what a real good movie needs:
- It´s dramatic but the Heros survive
- The Zulu are hard, but ackknowledge the stubbornness of the British
- It´s exotic enough
- It´s historical enough to be not controversial as a war movie
- It depicts some of the last British Battles fought in Red coats
- It features a brilliant young Michael Caine
- It´s got the perfect Picture of a seasoned Sergeant (even if, as I read, he was in reality much younger....but also a seasoned Veteran who would earn a comission later and re-enlist to fight as a Lt. Colonel in the Great War)
- It´s got in Hook the Angry Young Men to intentify with (even as I heard that the real Hooky received special Payment for good conduct before the Battle and is described as a teetotaler.... )
- It´s got a thriving Soundtrack with a nice main theme (such good themes where out of fashion for some years but gladly returned with Hans Zimmers Work.....)
- It´s got a really nice Traditional Song with "Men of Harlech". Perfectly arranged.
- The many Joneses and their Numbering are good for a nice laugh here and there....
And many things more....
Today you go into the cinema if there are 2-3 of the things mentioned