Re: Wargame Q: facing a force majeure of 16 artillery pieces?
This is the ultimate classic Nappy problem with the Textbook Nappy solution:
1) Offer parlay under a flag of truce to determine the ego of your opponent.
2) Fake a retreat of your army in apparent disorder to a postion to your rear that is beyond your opponenet's maximium artillery range.
3) If your opponent falls for the bait, expect disordered calvary attacks, so have your troops ready in mass formation, or better yet in squares. Your artillery is to be used in support, but not your horsemen.
4) Once the enemy's horsemen are destroyed, use yours to outflank the enemy's position. Your goal is to go after the enemy's line of communition to get the infantry off that hill, by making that position untenable.
5) With your horsemen to pin the enemy's infantry into squares, use your infantry and artillery to destroy the enemey's squares.
6) Collect the cannons as trophies once both the horsemen and infantry are routed.
7) Lie like a Bulletin stating that this whole "Austerlitz" battle strategy was your idea...