Surf Da lake...Conversation, chit chat, dialog, debate...

Welcome to the Surf Da Lake forums...this forum is optional...

Surf Da Lake Photo Albums

Surf Da lake...Conversation, chit chat, dialog, debate...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great Day at Crams

Started off overhead but quickly settled down.Rights,lefts,niiiiice setup.Rusty Joe was KILLING it.Saw him get three nice turns and stalls into second and third drops.Best time of the year!

Re: Great Day at Crams

You were on it hot as well, Mr. Pete, not to mention first wave. WAY fun session! Looking forward to more at that spot. Hope everyone got theirs today. I love fall!

What a killer new surf spot and setup it reminded me of Horseshoes down south same kinda conture and its a beach break. I am positive we are the first ones to surf it due to the access and it was just opened to the public recently for the fishing pier. This place can fire for sure and cannot wait to surf it this next Friday or Saturday. Good stuff guys this place is a little gem. Happy Surfing The Great LAkes 2011. B

Argg!!! Why didnt anyone call me?

Mitch be on it Saturday!
FVEX

I did a bit scouting yesterday north of Wind Point. I found the revamped 60's "Kilowatts" a dramatic and promising spot on a strong south. I was wondering about the effect that the outflow had on waves. Bender was another gem that is worth another look. Hats off to Wisconsin for the access.
SKI

Hey, Ski. Been a while. Hope all is well. As far as that out-flow goes, if you cruise with the rip along the north side, when you get to the end, it wants to pull you around the corner south towards the out-flow channel, where its kinda whirl-pooly. When we were there on a big SSW, it wasn't that big an issue. When you get near the end, just paddle north abit, and you are OK. The out-flow also didn't seem to affect the waves coming around the corner. Not a very scientific explanation, but I hope it answers your question. Hope to see you in the water sometime. RJM

Thanks Rusty...see you soon.
SKI