​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: butch roller

No Boze and Roller were not the same. Having worked for both there is quite a difference between the two.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

We used to have a Warrent Officer Bose in Avionics. I don't know if it is the same one your looking for.

Replying to:

I just found this site and being a old P3 Flt Liner and Maint. Controller, I was wondering did anybody remember the name of the Avionics Wo. that Butch Roller Ko'ed If so give me a ring

Re: Re: Re: butch roller

Was it WO Roselle?

Replying to:

No Boze and Roller were not the same. Having worked for both there is quite a difference between the two.

Replying to:

We used to have a Warrent Officer Bose in Avionics. I don't know if it is the same one your looking for.

Replying to:

I just found this site and being a old P3 Flt Liner and Maint. Controller, I was wondering did anybody remember the name of the Avionics Wo. that Butch Roller Ko'ed If so give me a ring

Butch Roller was an Former DI and Warrant Officer that was 180 degrees out from Boze. I left in 1984. I never heard of him knocking him out, but I could see it happening. Roller was a "bigger-than-life" figure. He was steroids when steroids-were-legal and led from the front like a dog team. He once threw a phone through the window of maintenance control (and an electrician over the counter). He accomplished the mission like no other. I didn't really know him personally, but he bought us drinks at an O club in Key West that Gunny snuck us into. As a Com/Nav tech, I kept my systems up on his watch, so he never turned the blow torch on me. If there is a Marine after-life (and I am sure there is), he will be in charge.

But they did zip strip that phone down so he hopefully wouldn't throw it again. I'd seen him grab it and come darn close to breaking those zip strips tho.

Mark - Photo-line

No ideas about them but you gave us the information who really they are. Which is a good thing about it and sudoku free download is the good puzzle you want it to download too.