​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Photo Line "Hall of Fame"

For all you photo line (before "sensor shop") folks: Just before I got to the squadron in `82, Photo Line started up a Hall of Fame for folks who got out or retired. The names were printed on label tape with the "phaser" and stuck on the bottom of the shop stereo receiver. Then, just before I left the squadron in `89, I came to work one night on night crew and the stereo was GONE!

Man, was I pissed! I went looking all over for it and finally found it in a dumpster. Since I was told that the thing no longer worked, and the guts were always falling out anyway, I dumped the guts and kept the housing with our precious HoF on it. I still have it, and rescued it from my attic last night when I got home from work. I can reprint all the names here on this message board, maybe even attach a picture of it if anyone is interested.

Let me know. Zap R/F!!! -Crash

Re: Photo Line "Hall of Fame"

A pic would be cool!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

For all you photo line (before "sensor shop") folks: Just before I got to the squadron in `82, Photo Line started up a Hall of Fame for folks who got out or retired. The names were printed on label tape with the "phaser" and stuck on the bottom of the shop stereo receiver. Then, just before I left the squadron in `89, I came to work one night on night crew and the stereo was GONE!

Man, was I pissed! I went looking all over for it and finally found it in a dumpster. Since I was told that the thing no longer worked, and the guts were always falling out anyway, I dumped the guts and kept the housing with our precious HoF on it. I still have it, and rescued it from my attic last night when I got home from work. I can reprint all the names here on this message board, maybe even attach a picture of it if anyone is interested.

Re: Photo Line "Hall of Fame"

I would be very interested in the names and picture of the list. I was in P/L about 78-81 with Kelly Gardner, Keith Antonious, Marty Bodecker, Smith, etc. - what a great experience. Why was P/L changed to sensor shop? Thx Tom

Replying to:

Re: Re: Photo Line "Hall of Fame"

Tom,

Yep, your name is on there along with everyone you mentioned. I was priveledged to work with Gardner and Bodecker before they both got out, great guys. I'll see if I can't get a digital pic to your email address soon. I'll send along a complete list in case you can't read all the names off the pic.

Photo Line was changed to Sensor Shop because we were using other imaging technologies besides optical/photographic, and I'm sure this was a Big Idea from one of the college boys. It didn't change anything in practice, but you know how that goes...

Thanks for writing!

Gary Charpentier

VMFP-3 1982 - 1990

Replying to:

I would be very interested in the names and picture of the list. I was in P/L about 78-81 with Kelly Gardner, Keith Antonious, Marty Bodecker, Smith, etc. - what a great experience. Why was P/L changed to sensor shop? Thx Tom

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Photo Line "Hall of Fame"

Hey Gary, not sure if you remember me...I was in Radar when we merged to Sensor shop! Just found the site and I'm looking for old buddies. Was in squadron from '88 - '90 and then went to MALS-11.

Hey, nice to hear from some old photo guys. Looking back I remember all the name mentioned, brings back some good memories.

stoner

That was MY radio! It started the 'rock vs country' battles in that shop. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if anyone ever found out that girl was successfully smuggled aboard Midway back to Iwakuni!!!