​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: J-1, J-2 Det Cubi Linebacker I and II Reunion

Bill,

How's it goin'? Long time no talk! How are you progressing finding more of the guys that were with us in the Cubi Point Detachment? I'm looking for some more of my stuff to see if I can come up with more names, other than the ones I sent to you a few months ago. I think I may still have copies of some old sets of orders that might provide some more names- ?

I was also an ECM tech with J-1 (and J-2 & J-3, also). I was with J-2 in Cherry Point from 3/70-4/71; with J-1 FROM 4/71-4/72; with J-3 at El Toro from 4/72-6/72; back to J-1 from 6/72-1/73 (Cubi Pt. Det); then back to J-3 in El Toro from 1/73 til I got out in 6/73. I worked on the ALQ-76 radar jammers, both OMA & IMA. In Cubi, I ran the night crew for the "76 Shop". You worked on the ALQ-86, didn't you?

Gotta run for now- drop me a line when you get a chance!

Semper Fi,

Craig "Mac" McGlinn

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

This is Bill Dugger. I was an ECM tech with J-1 in '72. The EA6-a's got sent down to Cubi Point in April of '72 to cover the attack aircraft during Operation Linebacker I and II. We're planning a thirty year reunion for 2002. Some of us are having a really hard time remembering back that far, so if anybody was on that deployment or knows of squadron members that were, please forward this, or E-mail me with any information available. Thanx. Marc, I love this site. Swing with the wing, the"J" way, Billy D.