​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Change of Command

Former VMFP-3 mates, I thought I would use this internet ability to announce my Change of Command date. I was in VMFP-3 from 1985-1989. I left to transition to the FA-18D and stood up the first operational squadron, VMFA(AW)121, which as it happens is the squadron that I will be taking command of. Another interesting note is that after 10 years, the west coast will receive the first ATARS systems, which will be coming to 121 first. So RECCE is still alive and I fill fortunate to have the background to tactically employ it. Anyway, As I was saying I have a Change of Command comin soon and thought I would use this site to inform and invite. The date is 20 April 1400-1500 on the flight line at MCAS Miramar. A reception will follow at the O Club. S/F LtCol Myers " Stress"

Re: Change of Command

Stress,

Congratulations on your upcoming COC. Sorry I won't be able to get back from Okinawa to be there, but best of luck to you and the Green Knights.

Semper Fi,

Schlong

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Former VMFP-3 mates, I thought I would use this internet ability to announce my Change of Command date. I was in VMFP-3 from 1985-1989. I left to transition to the FA-18D and stood up the first operational squadron, VMFA(AW)121, which as it happens is the squadron that I will be taking command of. Another interesting note is that after 10 years, the west coast will receive the first ATARS systems, which will be coming to 121 first. So RECCE is still alive and I fill fortunate to have the background to tactically employ it. Anyway, As I was saying I have a Change of Command comin soon and thought I would use this site to inform and invite. The date is 20 April 1400-1500 on the flight line at MCAS Miramar. A reception will follow at the O Club. S/F LtCol Myers " Stress"