​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: 1ST DAY BLUES

I came to P-3 right after doint my TME time with some Beaufort squadron which flew F-4J/S models. The LOX door on those planes used air locks, so naturally I brought my "snoopy" with me. Needless to say, the folks in seat shop found it quite amusing when I went out to service the LOX bottle armed with a "snoopy" (the RF LOX compartment (YIKES! it was door 16) used barrel nuts). Anyway, I was sent to do echo checks, fetch flight line, and any number of humiliating tasks. Aaah, but I wised up, so when they said that I was going to do a month of "phone watch," I immediately told them that I was too smart this time and that they could shove phone watch up their asses. Well, I found myself in the ready room watching the damn phone for a month. Then, later, I was told that I had to do "wheels whatch." Aah haa! got you this time. Well, I of course found myself sitting at the end of the runway watching the damn wheels in landing aircraft. Just goes to show you: wheels watch good, three feet of flight line bad. Semper Fi brothers!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

MAN I REMEMBER MY FIRST DAY THEY WANTED ME TO CHECK A CHUTE IN A BIRD BUT SENT ME TO MAINTNANCE CONTROL FOR THE KEYS TO THE BIRD THEN MAD DOG MCWEN SENT ME TO FLIGHT LINE SHACK THEN I THINK EVERY SHOP I GOT SENT TO GOT A CALL BEFORE I GOT THERE,SOME FLIGHT LINE SOME PROP WASH MAN BY TIME I GOT BACK TO MAINTNANCE CONTROL THEY WERE ON A ROLL,BOY I COULDNT WAIT TO PULL THAT ON THE NEXT FOOL TO CHEK IN NOLOAD