Black Sun

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

Black Sun
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Antique gun

I have a WWII small arm mustard gas gun. Have looked at your website; do not see one anywhere on it. Two guns were kind of close in appearance. My gun is an 8 mm, made in West Germany. Marking on handle says "SM" in a circle. I am curious if you would like pictures to further update your website. And also would like to find some info on this weapon to know more about it's history. Also interested in selling it. Was given to me by an old German friend, who since passed away. He had requested of me to not show it to anyone until after his death. He was forced to be a Hitler youth and escaped Germany at the age of 13.

Re: Re: Antique gun

Sir,

There is an immediate contradiction in your claim. You state that you have a WW2 German mustard gas gun and then say it was manufactured in W. Germany- which would be postwar!

I will research your "SM" claim and let you know what I find. Germans used the 27mm Kampfpistole & Leuchtpistole for grenade launching, but no mustard gas grenades that I can find- same for German rifle grenades. Closest is a smoke round- Nebelpatrone fur KP or LP...

Can you provide better details or links to your gun?

Rob

Re: Re: Antique gun

The only refs I find so far is for the pre-and-postwar German 12mm Scheintod Pistole:

SCHEINTOD (Apperance of Death) These 12mm German Gas Ctgs were made in pre World War 1 and Post War Germany.. They are not lethal and loaded with a mixture of red pepper and other eye, nose and mouth irritant.. Enjoy these rather unique Ctgs.. Many of the pistols were adorned with death heads, and dancing skeletons, to give a scary effect...

This is also known as a Perplex 41 for .41 caliber.

I have read only one account of Heer usage of this pistole during WW2 and the cartridge is non-lethal gas. Mustard gas was used in WW1, and I find it hard to believe that W. Germany would produce any pistol that fired mustard gas.

Please send photos by link here so I can see the gun.

The Scheintod is a 4 barrel type and 12mm.

Sorry, this is all I have for now.

Rob

p.s. My small arms are only for pre-war and WW2 unusual arms, not postwar anyway.

Re: Antique gun

Gee that sounds interesting,would like to see a photo if possible,I am retired toolmaker and a reosonable pistol and rifle shooter as well as a restorer of firearms, in Australia,regards Walter