Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DC Needs a DIVA Injection

Those of us in the DC area could REALLY use a DIVA injection. Any word when you'll be visiting the nation's capital? PLEASE make it be soon -- a lot of us are suffering withdrawal and are starting to forget what great, live music sounds like.

Re: DC Needs a DIVA Injection

I agree it is time you came to DC. We are hungry for some of your great music and spirit! Please come!

Re: DC Needs a DIVA Injection

sigh.... thank you my dear devotees. this is all so nice to hear and feel from you. fact is, we're trying to get back to DC.

in all honesty, we were slightly short of sold out at the birchmere the last two times there (500 cap, short by 50 and 75 respectively) and since then the owners (we are told) won't bring us back except as a double bill (do they REALLY sell out every saturday night show???). they suggested sharing with holly near - not exactly attracting the same audience, and splitting any profit after expenses, both of us having the same large expenses as a solo show, of course (have I bored you with TMI yet? ah, the dry business end of the diva's glamorous life). we even hoped to do the 'dangerous mood' national release concert there with full big band - a sure sellout most likely, but they were not interested.

I miss playing DC and the birchmere very much and we're working on a return. if we get it we MUST fill the house tho!!! blues alley is an incredibly great club but they only accomodate 100 or so - too small, ironically, unless we do more than one show which means more expense from our side, etc....

we're working on it. make SURE you are on the email list so you get first word on all shows added and can be first in line to buy tics for yourself and all your friends. btw, we WILL be in annapolis on saturday jan 15 though. tickets on sale tues, sept. 28 at www.ramsheadtavern.com. this one always sells out in advance so don't wait.