Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NWMF Madison

All -- it's been almost 20 years since I've been able to go to a concert where Suede performs. But this past Friday I was lucky enough to be at the Night Stage at NWMF in Madison to hear Suede sing. And I mean SING!!! I knew Suede and her music in the old days of that bar in Baltimore I can't remember and Dots' in DC. She was really good then. Now? Gracious Granny! What a depth of sound. What a terrific range. What most excellent turn and timing of phrase. And Presence? The folks in that audience were enthralled and delighted, swept up and immersed in Suede's extraordinary voice and Entertainer's charisma. Do I gush? So be it! Thank you Suede and NWMF for a wonderful performance.

Re: NWMF Madison

EDIE!!!!
what a great post, thank you. wow. dot's spot in DC, last chance saloon in columbia, MD, the shot tower bar in downtown baltimore, etc., - we've come a long way together. what a ride it's been for me the last few decades.

I am very present to the fact that as hard as I have worked to create this life, none of that would have made one bit of difference if not for folks like you who showed up consistently and repeatedly, always bringing new folks with you. you give me this life, as you do for any musician out there doing live shows. thank you for giving me the chance to do the thing I love most in my life for so many years - my reason for being on the planet. and thank you for supporting live music everywhere. please keep doing so. there are a lot of amazingly talented people out there making great music trying to create a life like the one I have because of you. go find them and take your friends along for the fun.

everyone stay in touch.... it's great to re-connect with people from my humble beginnings.

in sincere gratitude,
suede