Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Built for Comfort"

I'm sure you hear stories like this all of the time, but I figure I'll tell you another one anyway... :)

I'm an aspiring DC area jazz vocalist who has been a big fan of yours since back in the day when Dupont Circle bookstores were raising money for you: I mostly focus on standards, but "Built for Comfort" has been in my repertoire since my first performance and it is always a big audience favorite. :) My version is a hybrid of yours and Howlin' Wolf's, but I never would have known about that song at all if it weren't for you. In fact, the very first time I performed it I "credited" you and told your A&R guy/Mama Cass story (hope you don't mind)!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you have been a great influence on me, both as an entertainer and as a singer who I can only hope to emulate.

My father is a fan of yours, too -- in fact, he's the one who introduced me to your music -- and we often go to your shows together: we hope to see you when/if you come back to the Birchmere. :)

Re: "Built for Comfort"

jenny --

apologies for the long delay in my response.
I LOVE your story and I hope I get to hear you or jam a bit when I'm back in the DC area.
thanks for the great post!
suede

Re: "Built for Comfort"

I can't believe it took me so long to visit this board again -- and that I missed a response from the Diva herself! The mere idea of ever jamming with you has me a little star-struck. :) Thank you for taking the time to read and reply. I spread the gospel of Suede whenever someone asks me about "Built for Comfort," and I hope that the Birchmere will come to its senses and allow you to return soon...