Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Summer 2009

Hey Devotees:

Since Diva is having a quieter summer, I thought perhaps we should share what we are doing during the Diva Drought. Thank heavens for the CDs so we don't go into complete depression.

My summer has been somewhat low key,,, No major trips or cruises. But lots of time to visit with my wonderful neighbors here at the lake and the townies nearby. Many food based gatherings of course are delightful, and having good weather to go along with the outdoor activities is an asset.

The corn and heirloom tomatoes have been yummy. Some evenings vegetables are the entire meal; this is unusual for this meat eater, but great flavors abound.

Later a trip to the ocean for a week or so will be on the agenda Did spend 5 days in Crystal City VA (in Arlington, just outside DC) for a conference. We hopped Metro for visits to the DC Mall, museums, and interesting night life. The Mystics (WNBA) are playing better so seeing games is not such a disappointment.

Hopefully, each of you have found activities and interactions to enrich your life, and remind you of the folks who make your life so special.

We all look forward to the Return of the Diva, with new opportunities for us to gather and enjoy.

Happy Summer!!!

Dutey

Re: Summer 2009

Hey there, Dutey! You have had an invigorating Spring-Summer Season thus far it seems. Proves you don’t have to roam too far from home to find your bliss (as Oprah would say)!

Hello to all of you out there from the very warm & muggy Deep South! My partner & I are just back from the paradise of Cape Cod in P-town, so it was a shock to the system (and hair which immediately frizzed) as I stepped off the plane into the heat of Charleston. Although, I bemoaned my return from the Cape when I disembarked from the plane, my spirits soared as soon as I saw my 11-month-old grandson waiting for me as I emerged from the airport security area. There he stood, holding my daughter’s hand (he was crawling & “cruising along the furniture” when I left on vacation) with his blonde curls bouncing as he tried to jump up & down when he saw me. He squealed with such delight as he reached out for me that it brought tears of joy to my eyes. What a glorious & wonderful homecoming! Wouldn’t this world be a better place if we all could love and be loved without restraint and with such obvious unbridled joy??

Alas, I must say that the dismal economy is showing its effects even on Cape Cod. There were quite noticeably fewer people in town and the beaches were wide open even during the Portuguese Festival and July 4th weekend. The only time P-town got even the least bit crowded was whenever the fast ferry docked with day trippers. And, then as soon as the ferry departed, the streets were quiet again. We, too, were victims of the economy as we shortened our vacation by a week this year. But, let’s be honest...there is no such thing as too much time on Cape Cod. However, the time we were there, we did a great job of nourishing our inner spirit and “vacating” our minds with plenty of “beach books” read and four 1000-piece puzzles assembled. For those of you who have been to P-town before, rest assured that some things never change...."Ellie” is still singing in front of town hall “living her dream” while the Town Cryer in his pilgrim ensemble is still out and about entertaining & informing all the tourists enamored with the history of Provincetown as the first landing place of the Pilgrims.

As the pendulum swings to the second half of the year, we both patiently await the posting of the Diva’s upcoming events and look forward to the opportunity to re-connect with all those other Diva Devotees we have come to know along the way.

Re: Summer 2009

Once again Mint Julep and I have had our ships pass in the night. We were up at the Cape last week...just after you'd left. I agree that having to leave the Cape is one of the saddest things to do, but when you have a grandson welcoming you with such love it sure makes the transition easier. We enjoyed a wonderful week on Herring Cove, eating lots of great seafood, seeing several shows and a wonderful play, and most of all enjoying the beauty and peace that the Cape gives to all who can stop and take it in.
We are very fortunate as we are going back Aug.6th for two weeks this time. The first week will be with my daughter,her hubby, AND MY GRANDDAUGHTER! That makes the Cape twice as good! The second week we have our time share (for the 33rd week of each year) in Provincetown. Although it always gives us a place to stay, I would rather stay on the bay to hear the waves at night. So if anyone is ever interested in renting, let me know. I hope that was okay to put on this message board. If not, I am really sorry.
If any one will be up in P'town while we are there, we'd love to get together.
Lucky Suede to have the Cape as her home! I join with all whom are awaiting Suede's schedule for the year.
Happy summer to all!
Lynne