Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Women's Fest in LA

Hey, Suede. I remember quite a few years ago when I first heard you at Women's Fest in LA, at the Ford Ampitheater. They haven't done that for a few years, as Andrea Meyerson said the event just couldn't bring enough attendees to cover it's expenses. I imagine you and Ferron and other women of your caliber could bring it back and rock the house! just a note to the promoters you work with - I miss those kinds of Lesbian events here in Los Angeles.

Re: Women's Fest in LA

I was there too! What a perfect venue for Seude's totally class act. Sound, great lights, against that beutiful backdrop and under the moon and stars, and that grand piano. It was GREAT. But I had no idea it was a 'lesbian' event. There were a lot of straight people there and lots of gay men and the house was full although I know a great venue like that must be very expensive to rent. In fact, I am straight and I was there with three gay men who are my best pals. Let's keep getting Seude more known in the mainstream, I say! Her music is for everyone and the world needs to hear it and be fed by her incredible gifts! So yes, Andrea or SOMEONE, bring her back! By the way, my friends and I also saw her at McCabe's her last time in LA. It's not exactly the sort of venue she should play, much as I love the room and its rich history in the folk circles, but it was packed and she blew the roof off the joint again. I was hopign she'd make it to LA when she was on the west coast a month ago in April. So close and yet so far. Come back, Seude!!!!!!