Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Aphorisms & Witticisms for Spring

Spring is getting ready to burst out all over here in Charleston. The historic plantations and gardens are just waiting for the azaleas, camellias, dogwoods, magnolias, and wisteria to put out their annual “Spring Has Sprung” blossoms of life anew and the infinite reassurance of Mother Nature. As we emerge from a difficult winter amid a dreary economy, aren’t we all ready for the first fresh breath of Spring with all its promises of hope and optimism?

It is with that mindset that I would like to share these words, though not of my making, but carried in my heart nonetheless:

“Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
So love the people who treat you right.
Love the ones who don’t just because you can.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Kiss slowly.
Forgive quickly.
God never said life would be easy.
He just promised it would be worth it.”

And the one that always brings a smile to my mornings:

“Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, “OH, CRAP. SHE'S UP!"

I share these aphorisms and witticisms with the hope that you will share yours here as well.

Mint Julep

Re: Aphorisms & Witticisms for Spring

"if you bring forth what is within you what you bring forth will save you. if you do not bring forth what is within you what you do not bring forth will destroy you." - gnostic gospel

go forth and bloom, my peeps.

"Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness.
Happiness is the way.
So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one."
~ Souza

~ You meet people who forget you. You forget people you meet. But sometimes you meet those people you can’t forget. Those are your real friends.

~ Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

~ Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

~ If it looks good, you'll see it; If it sounds good, you'll hear it; If it's marketed right, you'll buy it; but if it's real, you'll feel it.

"And I have felt
A presence that disturbs me with the joy
Of elevated thoughts; a sense sublime
Of something far more deeply interfused,
Whose dwelling is the light of the setting suns,
And the round ocean and the living air,
And the blue sky, and the mind of man:
A motion and a spirit, that impels
All thinking things, all objects of all thought,
And rolls through all things."

-Wordsworth 'Tintern Abbey' the spirit of India

AND...

Hindu ritual:

"The Spirit in thee is a river. Its sacred bathing place is contemplation: its waters are truth; its banks are holiness; its waves are love. Go to the rivers for purification: thy soul cannot be made pure by mere water."

May the gardens of our souls find plenty.... the drink of life.... nature,

Terri

Just another line or two:

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

And of course, Maya Angelou said it best:

I've learned that people will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

"It is not because things are difficult that we don't dare; it is because we don't dare that things are difficult." -Senica

Thank you Mint Julep for starting this. I have really enjoyed the messages and even return from time to time to have another read.
Happy Spring to all,
Lynne

As many of us observe Easter, Passover, etc., my mind randomly remembers a billboard I saw many years ago. Those of us fortunate enough to be parents have uttered the same familiar words many times to our children as an admonishment when their behavior was less than stellar. After my laughter had abated, it really resonated as a profound statement on the state of the affairs of the world at large.

On a background of a beautiful blue sky with billowing cotton-candy white clouds, it simply read:

“Don’t make me come down there!” − God

"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchhill

"Reputation is what people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
-Lois McMaster Bujold