Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's happening again!

First of all, TR I am sorry for the long delay in posting just how wonderful Suede's show was at Women's Week. I couldn't seem to top what I wrote last time and then my computer got "spyware" and I had to wait to get it cleaned up.
Suede just keeping climbing up a ladder where each rung is "over the moon" and then comes another performance...and wow, she's on another rung higher that's even "more over the moon". She is a truly amazing performer, who even with a cold that night, rocked the house and had everyone leaving with our feet not touching the ground. I was so lucky to be sitting in the first row. I met two women from California who told me about how Suede had change their lives. It was an amazing story! It was so great to meet ML and put a face to a posting! The line to speak with Suede was sooooooooooooooooooo long and yet Suede stood for each picture taken of her and chatted with everyone as if she had all the time in the world. She was so gracious to us all. It was almost midnight, she'd just given two fabulous performances, had a cold, AND was going to drive to Maryland the next morning for a show. NOW THAT'S A PERFORMER WHO DEFIES GRAVITY! An unbelievable woman.I was so thrilled that she knew who I was!
I've been catching up on the message board. When some were posting about her birthday and ways to perhaps give to her "CD baby", how wonderful of Suede to suggest instead to give to people/animals in need via a charity. I have sent a donation to Heifer International in honor of Suede's birthday. This is an organization that helps people around the world (and in the USA) to become more productive and self reliant by providing them with a variety of animals in order to make their living. So somewhere in the world someone will be receiving a flock of chicks and geese in Suede's honor. The selling of the eggs will help provide for a family.
So what is "happening again"? Well I thought that Suede would be performing on Dec. 30th this year as she had in the past...so we booked our after Christmas reservations to be there at our usual guesthouse in P'town. However the date for her performance has been changed to Jan. 3rd and we are unable to stay through that date. My planets and moons must really be out of whack again!!!!!!! I thought I was finally getting back into being in the right place at the right time for attending a Suede performance!!!! Oh well, I shall cross my fingers that Suede will be at the Tin Angel in the spring and be ever so grateful that I did get to see her in Oct.
Now for all of you lucky ones who right now are on the high seas with Suede, have a blast and let us know what a treat we missed!
Happy Turkey day to all,
Lynne

Re: It's happening again!

Season's greetings, Lynne!

How "jolly" the moment, in reading your post reviewing Suede's show and your personal experience, during Women's Week in P-town! I sooooooooooo agree with you... SUEDE CONTINUES TO OUTDO HERSELF, WITH EACH PERFORMANCE!! Plus, the bonus is ALWAYS watching the crowds surround her after the show, sharing their "blown away" experiences w/ each other, as they wait to converse w/ her and have a CD/DVD signed. It is, so often, in observing these ongoing lines, gravity most defied... AMAZING!!

Sorry you aren't able to catch Suede's show in Jan. ( I say you call a meeting with the "powers that be"... hmmm!!!) I am unable to attend, as well. However, perhaps we'll meet at the Tin Angel, if our schedules permit. Wishful and positive thinking, eh?!?!

Peace and harmony,
Terri (TR)

TR,
It seems that we were both there during Women's Week to hear Suede. Too bad that we didn't get to meet each other! I loved your description of the event!

Sorry to hear that you too will not be able to "Ring in the New Year" with Suede. Let's start sending those "positive thoughts" to her for a spring performance at the Tin Angel. Calling on all Suede fans in the Tin Angel area to join us in our "thought process" for a spring appearance by the one and only Suede at the Tin Angel. If anyone outside the Tin Angel area would like to join us, it would hopefully increase our chances!!!!

Wishing everyone a warm, peacefully, loving, and healthy holiday season.
Lynne

Whoops... let me clarify, Lynne...

I did not attend Women's Week in P-town, so we DID NOT miss an opportunity to meet. My comment in observing Suede and her repport with either long-time fans or "newbies" was an ALL-around observation, based on the MANY performances I have seen throughout the past 10 years. This past year has been especially dynamic with east coast, west coast, OLIVIA travels and around the world shows, due to the release of her "DANGEROUS MOOD" CD... WOWIE!!!!

Sooo, I hope , Lynne, we'll get to meet at one of Suede's performances in the SPRING... perhaps at the TIN ANGEL. (?)

SUEDEWAVES of holiday cheer,
Terri

Hey, out there...

I'd like to buy an "a" to replace the "e" in "repport", spelling the word (above, in the last post) correctly, to make rapport. Forgive the typo... I gotta stop the "hurried" pace, when posting during limited time frames.

Ugh...
Terri