Return to Website

Suedewave.com Community Forum

Welcome to Suede's online community forum!

Please feel free to post favorite recipes, song requests, clubs you'd like to see Suede play, reviews of recent shows, de-skunking remedies, etc., but please keep it clean...

Your Diva is a lady of delicate sensibilities, as you know.

Now go. Talk amongst yourselves!

Suedewave.com Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my upcoming birthday --

dear, dear poster children -

thank you so very much for your kindness and usual over the top generosity around my upcoming birthday, and celebration of same. I do appreciate all of it greatly.

we have heard from more than a few of you asking about possible gift ideas for yours truly. that's wonderful, and I am deeply moved by the genuine acknowledgement by you all.

I am blessed with so many riches in this life, thanks to you - I really do not need for anything. in these tough times for many, I request that in lieu of gifts to/for me you make contributions to some worthy charities, either where you live or to some of my favorites here on cape cod and in the northeast (see below) - an area hit pretty hard for many of the locals, especially as we head into the off season when jobs dry up anyway. any amount makes a big difference, as evidenced in the obama grass roots campaign. now is the time to step up, my peeps! what can YOU do?

here are some of my favorite charities in the northeast, not in any order of priority - they're all really wonderful organizations and I'm thrilled to help them out any chance I get. most of them make it very easy to securely donate right on their site.

www.nfwfwf.org
www.ptownsoup.org
www.helpingourwomen.org
www.defendersofanimals.org
www.casasanimalshelter.org

a note about the animal sites - shelters are seeing an increase in pets being dropped off due to families not able to buy food or care for pets properly. casas on cape cod does wonderful work and never turns away an animal in need. they are a no-kill shelter. defenders of animals in rhode island rescued my own angel pup from a life on the side of a dangerous busy highway. they both work tirelessly for animals in trouble and count on donations in any amount to continue that work.

thanks for helping these great organizations out.

happy birthday to ME!!!!!!!

xo
suede

Re: my upcoming birthday --

Thank you for being such an inspiration to us all in these times of economic strife. Your support of animal shelters hits very close to home for me. We recently adopted a pound puppy, Ginger, who became a heroine when she alerted me to a medical emergency in the middle of the night. She has no pedigree, but is simply priceless to me. To paraphrase a famous movie line: Ginger "had me at WOOF!"

Recently, our local animal shelter announced a program for reducing the number of "owner surrenders" due to economic hardship by giving them bags of food for their pets. So to date, in honor of Ginger's heroism, we have donated over 300lbs. to this program that is making a huge difference in the lives of these pets and their human families. Since we are already acting locally, we will take it to the "global" level by making donations to the two animal shelters you support. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to honor your birthday in such a tangible and meaningful way.

Happy Birthday!

YIPPEE! that feels GREAT and makes me smile SO big(ly?)!!!

what a great idea - donating pet food to families so they don't have to surrender their loved ones. I'll look into that happening here - perfect idea. thanks for sharing it, mint.

btw, I would love to hear stories about where you all donate. it feels SO good to know things like that, and to do it. this will be the best birthday EVER.

btw, north fork women for women fund (nfwfwf) is an organizaion on the north fork of long island that does whatever is needed to support women who are dealing with health issues, loss of income, doctor referrals, rides to doctor's appts, paying utility bills, etc. same is true of helping our women (h.o.w.) on cape cod. the soup kitchen in provincetown makes a tremendous difference for people who live in this beautiful but seasonal environment - offering great meals to those in need, which can mean more money available to pay bills and such. all three do incredible good work and are small local organizations that are very well run. I strongly endorse them all, as well as the animal sheltering sites.

next...?

WOW.... what a generous and thoughtful soul, are YOU, Suede!! I continue to be inspired/touched by your ENORMOUS generosity and vision! How often I'm reminded of the inner warmth/fullness one feels/generates in THE GIVING! Mint Julep, the "torch" is shared, as we ALL band together, "paying it forward", with our actions-of-heart, education and awareness!!

Now, in support of puppy free stores and the truth about pet trade, the following will provide information and adoption options in the LA (Los Angeles) area and nationwide:

www.PuppyStoreFreeLA.com
http://network.bestfriends.org/truth
www.petfinder.com
www.pupsandpals.net
www.littlebowwowrescue.com
www.mollysmuttsandmeows.org

NO MORE PUPPY MILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those "angel wings", Suede and Mint Julep, WILL continue to grow....

Peace and harmony,
Terri

What a nice thought, Suede. If it would be OK for you, I will make a donation to our local hospice here in town, that took care of my mother in her final days. Hospice made a huge impact on me, and allowed my mother to live as she wished, in full control of her own life, not tied to complicated medical mumbo jumbo in some hospital or nursing home.

See you on the ship!! We are looking forward to this trip very much. See you soon. Ett and Linda